What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

CD. Very enjoyable with a glass of something.

618FK2V1E7L.AC_SY450

12 Likes

After a long walk through the snow, coffee and cake and complete relaxation with the exquisite Marilyn Crispell and Peacock/Motion rhthym section (altho far more than that in truth) on Amaryllis. ECM CD.

2 Likes

Sweet Heart Sweet Light by Spritualized. I saw Jason Pierce run through this at the Roundhouse when it was released in 2012 and it was phenomenal ( and phenomenally loud)

1 Like

41X621BTY1L.AC_UY300_QL65

7 Likes

A1e1TWx0V+L.AC_UY436_QL65

7 Likes

Groundhogs | Thank Christ for the Bomb | 1970
Fancied some of Tony McPhee’s guitar Groundhogs style.

10 Likes

I’m continuing with more Bowie on vinyl this afternoon and his Young Americans LP. I’m sure many of you know how good this album is but, despite being in my late 50s, until recently I’d only heard the tracks Fame and Young Americans from it. I need to put right my grave error in overlooking this tremendous album for so long, so I’m giving it a spin right now.

21 Likes

Another album that I bought, played and then forgot. It’s hard to describe - it’s very electronic and an engrossing listen and worth checking out.

5 Likes

61BvByeFzJL.AC_AA360

One of my favourite live albums.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Sam Cooke and Billie Holiday - King and Queen:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Marcin’s wonderful trio and they are sounding superb! Something to help ease into the day…

8 Likes

Was lucky enough to see these at the London Jazz Festival 2019, Cadogan Hall I think. Saw a good few that weekend.

1 Like

Fantastic!

3 Likes

Leonard Cohen. New skin for the old ceremony.
Includes the beautiful song to Janis.

13 Likes

1 Like

Santana Live from the House of Blues Las Vegas 2020:

Good SQ.

7 Likes

Blodwyn Pig - Ahead Rings Out.

Wonderful debut album from Mick Abraham’s (ex Jethro Tull) new band. Cross genre mix of blues, jazz and prog, with some excellent tight musicianship.

9 Likes

12 Likes

This could cause controversy whatever I pick! Right now, Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road. I feel sure others will have different preferences…

4 Likes