What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On Vinyl:-

The Robert Cray Band - Who’s Been Talkin’

13 Likes

Working late tonight so need an extra dose of energy. Nightwish, vehicle of spirit Wembley Arena live 2015 comes to the rescue. :+1:

3 Likes

Essentially a Mac album from 2017,sounding great.

18 Likes

Art Garfunkel. Watermark. I listen to the first two albums a lot but thanks to @seakayaker (or Mrs. Seakayaker to be more precise) I’ve been prompted to play this his third album, and very nice it is too.

15 Likes

Vacant Gardens - Under The Bloom

Streaming on Muso. Rather good. For fans of Slowdive, Mazzy Star maybe.

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3:

5 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes:

11 Likes

Check out “The Dark Element” with the former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon.

Album “The Dark Element” (2017)
DE1

Album “Songs the Night Sings” (2019)
DE2

4 Likes

Some lyrically sharp observations of the heart and the head, with some of their most elaborate (read: Trevor Horn’s 2nd PSB album collaboration) production stylings.

Fundamental - Pet Shop Boys

9 Likes

Just in time! I just finished vehicle of spirit by Nightwish. Cover looks scary but the songs are not! Listening to the Dark Element. Thanks @MrStreamer!

1 Like

Nice! I have the original LP but just love that pop up, that’s his son Baxter Dury next to him but I’m sure you know that.
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Seen this guy mentioned a few times here. Dont know why but I thought he was some kind of Grime artist, how wrong!
First time hearing him and wow! I’m really feeling this, this guys got some fire and soul in his belly.
Been on loop in my cab all morning.
Why does he call himself Rag n Bone Man?
Anyway, new discovery and I’m hooked

Rag N Bone Man - Life By Misadventure
artwork-440x440

15 Likes

Now listening to song the night sings. :+1:

I will try out Tarja Turunen’s work after. :blush:

1 Like

For some subconscious reason, listening to Rag n Bone Man made me think of Joe Cocker, so without further ado…
With A Little Help From My Friends

17 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Paradise Is There: The New Tigerlily Recordings

19 Likes

Playing CDs from the boxset in tribute to Bob Marley who died on this day 40 years ago

Bob Marley 1945-1981

18 Likes

A short break for lunch so having a listen to this classic. This is the excellent Speakers Corner edition.

14 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3:

Can’t believe how much this is being sold for nowadays !! :crazy_face::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Can’t believe there are people buying it…:joy:

3 Likes

7 Likes