What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Weather in Melbourne down under this morning is cold 6 degrees Celsius feels like 3 degrees (now 4 degrees according to bureau of meteorology), windy and rainy. Now the rain clouds are gone and beautiful warm sun is out! Makes me think of this cover and Goldfrapp and faster tunes. Wonderful, the sky almost literally looks like this cover. :blush:

@TheKevster I think this is the thread I am frappertising.

11 Likes

Shelby Lynne suit yourself. Shelby Lynne, “Keep doing it until you get it right.” She gets it right! :+1:

6 Likes

With all due respect Dave, it’s “Non ouais”, not “Non quasi”. You could translate that as “No Yeah”

Claude

Must be a good album anyway!

1 Like

Finally got an opportunity to listen to the last in the Live Adventure series, Bowie Live at the Kit Kat Klub

14 Likes

Thank heaps @ClaudeP for the correction! Much appreciated! Friend of mine used to correct my spelling and grammatical errors for my online writing. These errors really hurt credibility of the article so I very much appreciate it!! Thank you again and have a great weekend! :blush:

Kate Rusby, Holly Head. Was going to listen to Hand Me Down but don’t really want to be reminded of work Monday so soon with Manic Monday, so I will save that for Monday maybe. This one is also a fantastic album! :relieved:

7 Likes

Elton John Blue Moves

12 Likes

8 Likes

Fourplay Fourplay / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795714

After getting to sleep after 1.00am I still find myself waking early at 6.00am this morning! Starting the day with this excellent recording.

Bob James Keyboards
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

10 Likes

Yes, it is a great album, I’ve only ever listened to it on Spotify. Is the vinyl a recent purchase, I’ve never been able to find it?
You’re right there is a wonderful ambience about it.
Dashing

Edit: I’ve got it, found it on Amazon. Must be a new release, last time I did a search, maybe 12 months ago, it wasn’t available only as a download.

1 Like

Band of horses, everything all the time. :relieved:

8 Likes

Jethro Tull Heavy Horses

17 Likes

Coldplay, a head full of dreams. :relieved:

9 Likes

I saw her perform this album in Birmingham UK, Dec ‘19. She’s so good live. Can’t wait for her to start touring again.

1 Like

Aaliyah, another singer who left us way too young, in 2001 at merely 22 years old, in a plane crash. Listening to I Care 4 U by Aaliyah.

2 Likes

Heard this already in so many versions, now bought an additional one, 1st run

9 Likes

Kenny Barron Other Places / 2003 Universal / EU CD / 5196692

Kenny Barron Piano
Bobby Hutcherson Vibraphone
Mino Cinelu Percussion
Victor Lewis Drums
Ralph Moore Saxophones
Rufus Reid Bass

3 Likes

The Carpenters, singles 1969-1981. No reason required. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Will be interesting to see if this Brahms Cycle can be finished.

5 Likes

Very early 1980s non-barcoded UK press. Years before the fall, when he was young and dynamic and hugely talented, working with his great mentor Q. And he had Louis Johnson on bass. The first side constitutes what might be the biggest party blockbuster sequence of all time… ooow!

16 Likes