What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

One of my favourites from Bruce

1 Like

Yes it suits a cold wet winters night, just hide the razor blades.

1 Like

John Martyn Solid Air.

17 Likes

Enjoying the recent album from the revitalised Wailing Souls produced by Italian reggae supa Alborosie who has also deconstructed it for a great companion dub album.
On all formats, check it out…
Wailing Souls - Back A Yard
Alborosie- Back A Yard Dub
20210603_120826

20210603_120855

Remember those classic late seventies rolling into the eighties albums like Firehouse Rock, Greensleeves dub albums with the Roots Radics Band and Prince Jammy, Scientist et el, then this is for you
:heart:

3 Likes

Great album Pete one of his better ones I reckon

1 Like

Diana Krall, glad rag doll. Not her typical melancholic songs but relatively fun and upbeat. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Respect due Curtis Mayfield, a big influence on many JA artists…

One of my favourite tunes from the Rocksteady era…

And of course…

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Your dribbling again! :joy:

Stacey Kent, the changing lights. As sweet and as great as always from Stacey Kent. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Mac DeMarco This Old Dog

1 Like

More from Her Royal Bobness – this time last year’s fabulous double-CD reissue of the magnificent Delta Sweete.

14 Likes

Music by Ry Cooder, a double album compilation of his atmospheric soundtrack music stretching from " The Long Riders" in 1980 to “Geronimo” in '93.

11 Likes

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

15 Likes

Dire Straits
On Vinyl

25 Likes

Credence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

12 Likes

A lot of love for this on the thread, myself included, I’ve found my cab can go up to 11.
Just hit Pay Now on the LP

Black Keys - Delta Kream

One of my favourite tracks Coal Black Mattie, heres Raini Burnette…

12 Likes

And a pre order for this gramophone record
Some more great current blooz n soul, I read somewhere that he topped the Americas Got Talent!

Must be the one and only time they’ve had some genuine “talent” on that sh#tfest!

7 Likes

In 2014, Michael Stanley released a three-disc compilation “The Solo Years 1995-2014”, one disc of Michael’s choices, one disc of producer Bill Symczyk’s choices and a third disc with multiple input.

The next new release of MS was “And Then” (2015) a contender for my all-time favorite cover art. Our family had a picture of my maternal grandfather, born in 1896, that was eerily similar.

2 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

12 Likes

My Generation - the Very Best Of The Who.

18 Likes