What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

7 Likes

Now playing…

Matt Berninger - Serpentine Prison

Matt Berninger (Vocals), Matt Barrick (Drums, Percussion), Andrew Bird (Loop, Violin, Vocals), Mike Brewer (Bass, Acoustic Guitar), Hayden Desser (Acoustic Guitar, Piano), Scott Devendorf (Bass), Gail Ann Dorsey (Bass, Vocals), Jamie Heaslip (Vocals), [Booker T. Jones (Bass, Hammond B3, Piano, Electric Piano, Vocals), Brent Knopf (Guitar, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Ben Lanz (Bass, Trombone), Walter Martin (Bass, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Vocals), Sean O’Brien (Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, ocals), Mickey Raphael (Bass Harmonica, Harmonica), Kyle Resnick (Trumpet, Vocals), Matt Sheehy (Bass, Acoustic Guitar) and Harrison Whitford (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Slide Guitar|).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Matt and the band are sounding mighty sweet! A wonderful album and it does sound better with each spin…

12 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots! Happy birthday Nancy! This is where it all started. These boots are made for walkin’. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

It’s been on constant rotation at my place since it’s release. Wonderful album.

1 Like

14 Likes

Prince Come / 1994 Warner / US CD / 9457002

Celebrating the life of Prince with a spin of this often overlooked release.

princecomeuscd

14 Likes

Joining in with the Prince appreciation, haven’t played this in a while

The Beautiful Experience, based around " The Most Beautiful Girl In The World " track, only Prince could form 7 different versions of the same song and make it interesting.

12 Likes

Ah, the album before he became a symbol :laughing:

1 Like

Now playing…

The National - Sleep Well Beast

Matt Berninger (Vocals), Thomas Bartlett (Keyboards), Eric Beach (Drums, Percussion), Carin Besser (Vocals), Romain Bly (Horn), Cédric Bonnet (Horn), Benachir Boukhatem (Viola), Erwan Castex (Electronic Percussion, Keyboards), David Chalmin (Drums, Orchestra), Sarah Chenaf (Viola), Marc Desjardins (Violin), Aaron Dessner (Drum Programming), Bryce Dessner (Drum Programming, Orchestration), Bryan Devendorf (Drum Programming), Grégoire Dubruel (Basse), Emilie Duch-Sauzeau (Violin), Arone Dyer (Vocals), Marine Gandon (Viola), Thomas Garoche (Basse), Domitille Gilon (Violin), Lisa Hannigan (Vocals), Pauline Hauswirth (Violin), Ella Jarrige (Cello), Charlotte Juillard (Violin), Josh Kaufman (Guitar), Katia Labèque (Piano), Emma Landarrabilco (Flute), Benjamin Lanz (Synthesizer, Trombone), Louise Lapierre (Bassoon), Barbara Le Liepvre (Cello), Nick Lloyd (Organ), Walter Martin (Organ, Vox Continental), James McAlister (Drum Programming), Bastien Nouri (Oboe), Sean O’Brien (Vocals), Matthias Piccin (Violin), Leslie Boulin Raulet (Violin), Kyle Resnick (Flugelhorn, Trumpet, Vocals), Alex Ridha (Electronic Percussion), Renaud Guy Rousseau (Clarinet), Juliette Salmona (Cello), Nikolai Spassov (Violin), Ariadna Teyssier (Violin), Andi Toma (Keyboards), Jason Treuting (Drums, Percussion), Maaike Van Der Linde (Flute, Bass Flute, Orchestration), Justin Vernon (Synthesizer, Vocals) and Jan St. Werner (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with ‘The National’ and they and the talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Prince, the very best of Prince. Thanks @TheKevster @GeoffC & @Debs for the birthday reminder! Looks like many of my fav Prince tracks are here. :blush:

14 Likes

Prince - Ultimate, a two disc affair this one. I don’t think the first disc has even been out of the case, but the second one is brill, containing dance/ extended mixes.

12 Likes

Haven’t listened to Alan Parsons for a while. A turn of a friendly card - just a brilliant concept album which has a particular resonance with me (don’t get me started on betting company advertising). Followed by The Fall of the House of Usher - dark and moody with the scene set by Orson Wells - if you hav never heard this do so. You have been told!!

13 Likes

Happy 80th Martha!

11 Likes

Intoxicating inebriation.

17 Likes

@Eoink and @seakayaker
Thank you for the warm welcome: you have my warmest wishes for the future and I also wish everyone here my kindest wishes :relaxed:

Following @anon23112058’s lead…

13 Likes

15 Likes

Now playing…

The National - I Am Easy To Find

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning from a 3.5 mile walk around the neighborhood with my wife this afternoon upon returning home and taking 'The National’ 2019 release and enjoying the light tunes while sitting down with a cup of decaf… and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

9 Likes

3 Likes

Band of Horses Cease to Begin

9 Likes