11 Likes

Very enjoyable album! Psychedelic/Dutch/Turkish/Rock/Pop

4 Likes

This track rules!

1 Like

20 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Kill To Get Crimsom

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Danny Cummings (Drums, Percussion), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards), Ian Lowthian (Accordion), John McCusker (Cittern, Violin), Frank Ricotti (Vibraphone), Steve Sidwell (Trumpet), Chris White (Clarinet, Flute, Saxophone) and Glenn Worf (Bass Guitar, String Bass)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… next up is Mark’s 'Kill To Get Crimson and, as always, he and the band are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

14 Likes

Yuri Bashmet - viola pieces by Schubert, Schumann, Bruch, Enesco

Very emotional music.

Phil

4 Likes

One of the best songs on this fantastic sprawl.
The Clash at their most interesting, for me.

15 Likes

20 Likes

Jazzy nu-soul with a smidgen of Afrobeat on occasion. Nubiyan Twist Jungle Run - for me still their best to date with guest appearances by Mulatu Astatke and Tony Allen among others - what’s not to like? On lovely Strut vinyl. Best enjoyed with a herbal digestif and a glass of red.

3 Likes

Daft Punk, random access memories. It is Friday and there is a mini long weekend coming up thanks to the queen. Haven’t played this one for ages and it feels like a good entree before the weekend. Long live the queen. :blush:

Thank you @apye for jogging my memory. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

A1HXKqAXNcL.SS500

21 Likes

Grant Green - Grant’s First Stand, his Blue Note debut.

13 Likes

18 Likes

I have their video for this on an old VHS tape somewhere. Nothing to play it on, mind.

1 Like

Clare Teal & Grant Windsor, and so it goes… so smoothly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Guitar), Richard Rodney Bennett (Guitar), Danny Cummings (Drums), Phil Cunningham (Accordion), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards, String Arrangements), Rupert Gregson-Williams (French Horn), John McCusker (Cittern, Violin), Michael McGoldrick (Flute, Whistle, Human Whistle), Matt Rollings (Keyboards) and Glenn Worf (Electric Bass, Upright Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this late afternoon with another album from Mark and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! Another lovely album…

14 Likes

That’s a real find Seakayaker. Involving from the first track. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

One of my favourite Knoplfer albums - the vinyl is sensational

4 Likes
5 Likes