What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I love Dexter Gordon, have 70+ albums - sure you would enjoy the above samples, some available on HiRes

13 Likes

Breathtaking.
51N99urrmxL

11 Likes

Sade The Best Of Sade / 2000 Epic / UK CD / 5005942

Second spin of this great recent buy, which I purchased because it has a few tracks I don’t have.
Comparing the ones I do have, like the original US issue of Stronger Than Pride - which does sound good, the SQ is further improved enough for me to consider investing in a later copy of that CD.

15 Likes

This to get me fired up for an annual very louche lunch in the gardens of good friends of ours. It will start with ‘Whispering Angel’ (Which sounds like a mid-70’s ‘Stones number) at 1:00 and end with goodness knows what around 8:00 I reckon.

Goodbye Sunday.

I saw them on this tour and do like this live set.

G

9 Likes

Varied trek across some house-y landscapes.

Nina Kraviz LP

1 Like

This guy could sing back in the day……

8 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985

Having enjoyed Couldn’t Stand the Weather, I thought I’d have a look on Qobuz to see what I could follow it with and found this, which shows his skills before he became famous and again once he had gained world wide recognition.

16 Likes

Before

7 Likes

The first run

3 Likes

Jess Gillam MBE.

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin II

I don’t think I have really heard this properly before. The bikes roaring and the guitars are spectacular.

Phil

23 Likes

The Crusaders Images / 2009 Verve / US CD / B001269802

9 Likes

Rose City | 2019
Ripley Johnson’s eponymous debut album with his Rose City Band. Impossible to pigeon hole this is soft psychedelic country music.

1 Like

Van Morrison - Common One

14 Likes

Paul McCartney - Chaos And Creation In The Backyard.

8 Likes

Herbie Hancock The New Standard / 1996 Verve / UK CD / 5277152

7 Likes

James Taylor, American Standard. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Carly Simon, film noir. So sweet. :relieved:

8 Likes

Great trio, not just the usual style

1 Like

Continuing the journey

1 Like