What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This album’s title is rather appropriate, as vibist Kelly and his band move at such breakneck speed through the six numbers here that they scarcely had time to stop. It’s exhausting just listening to it! Dadisi Komolafe on flute is outstanding.

This rare album came out in 1983 on the very collectable Nimbus West label and is presented here as a superb-sounding Pure Pleasure LP mastered by the ubiquitous Kevin Gray.

2 Likes

St. Vincent - Actor. Still struggling to love the latest LP, but I really like this one, and this was a ‘grower’ as it were.

5 Likes

Antonin Dvorak, Symphony No. 7 “From the New World”. Berliner Philharmoniker, Rafael Kubelik. DGG 2020 LP reissue.

I don’t think Dvorak’s masterpiece needs much introduction - ever since its world premiere in December 1893 it has remained his most popular symphony in concert halls around the world.

Kubelik’s version also remains a favourite 48 years later, and one can figure out why right from the first few bars. He makes the Berlin Philharmonic sound swift and agile while keeping its trademark sumptuous sound signature, and IMO that suits Dvorak’s 9th perfectly.

AntonnDvokBerlinerPhilh41703_f

Claude

9 Likes

Happy Birthday Brian Wilson 79 today. one of my musical heroes. Some of my extensive collection of lps, cds, singles, books, fanzines, signed programmes, memorabilia etc.

And rather too many bootlegs20210620_140037|690x425

7 Likes

5 Likes

Richard P. Havens, 1983

3 Likes

Steely Dan - Two Against Nature
Gary Numan - Intruder
Focus - Singles Deep Cuts & BBC Live.
The Mind - Open Up the window & leave your body

All vinyl.

7 Likes

Radiohead OK Computer

15 Likes

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band | Angel Station | 1979

9 Likes

Love that album, always had a copy in one form or another since it’s release.

1 Like

I got my first copy on cassette in down town Cairo of all places in 1980.

1 Like

Azymuth Butterfly / 2008 Victor / Japan CD / VICJ61569

Track 6 was always my favourite on this release + appropriate for today!

1 Butterfly
2 Os Cara La
3 Meu Doce Amigo
4 Caititu
5 Avenida Rio Branco
6 New Dawn
7 Triagem
8 Hole In One
9 Morning
10 Next Summer In Rio

4 Likes

Glad you like it. I am tempted to change my ringtone to Call Me. But I won’t pick up call if I did and just let it play on… :relieved:

Based on that logic, I should put Florence Forster Jenkins as my ringtone. :rofl:

Bowie Heathen

14 Likes

Eels Shootenanny, still my favourite Eels album.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, golden hour. I think this forum was under maintenance this morning hence it was read only. So nice to start this morning and the week with this KM album. Slow burn, let’s start slowly. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Imelda May, 11 past the hour. Not nearly as blown away as life love flesh blood. But worth a listen and the second half of the album is really nice. :tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

Cara Dillon, wanderer. Love her folk songs. So soothing. :relaxed:

11 Likes

The Who - Quadrophenia

14 Likes