What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Manfred Mann | The Lone Arranger | 2014
MM going solo again while covering and rearranging a number of old songs, interesting stuff but prepare to be surprised.

8 Likes

Chick Corea Elektric Band Eye Of The Beholder / 1988 GRP / US CD / GRD9564

4 Likes

I took a punt on this one when the reviewer opened with “I really am not what you could call a fan of Del Amitri, but…” and totally agree with the now forgotten source, its a good listen. Del Amitri’s latest spinner, Fatal Mistakes.

5 Likes

CD rip yesterday, vinyl version today.

Tour De France - Kraftwerk

16 Likes

Katie Melua - Ultimate Collection

13 Likes

Loggins and Messina Full Sail

7 Likes

From the lovely Nighthawk catalogue now available again via Omnivore US, all formats

The superb Gladiators - Full Time

20210622_134033
:heart:

5 Likes

The new one from Jaga Jazzist. Live apparently but I think more like live in a studio it seems to me. Loving it.

1 Like

One of my very favourite of their albums. I like that side one is full on rhythmic electronics and side two offers their version of strongly melodic electro pop.
Perfect distillation of the best aspects of Kraftwerk.

Electric Cafe.

18 Likes

Cheers… I couldn’t find that one on Qobuz originally. After a quick google I found in 2009 they released a remastered version but called it Techno Pop. Listed under bootleg compilation rather than Albums on Qobuz. Been enjoying TDF album the last couple of days as well!

First of the day .

5 Likes

Angel Olsen, My Woman

7 Likes

Pulp - Different Class.

9 Likes

More Nighthawk niceness!
Leonard Dillon aka Ethiopian with the Gladiators Band

Dread Prophecy

20210622_150501

It a go Dread in this time…oh yes!

:heart:

6 Likes

CD - from The Complete Island CD boxset 2020 : )

Bob Marley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Carlton Barrett – drums
Aston “Family Man” Barrett – bass
Tyrone Downie – keyboards
Al Anderson – lead guitar
Alvin “Seeco” Patterson – percussion

Recorded at the Lyceum Theatre, London on 17th July 1975. Album released 5th Dec 1975

15 Likes

Yes, they tweaked the track listing for the 2009 reissues/remasters, and renamed Electric Cafe as Techno Pop. It’s not a boot, though, just a slightly different record.
I’ve got it on vinyl, but prefer the original as posted above.

2 Likes

Mid-70s double pack of their debut and second album.

Flute-tastic!

12 Likes

Excellent album.

18 Likes

Banners - Where The Shadow Ends
Liverpudlian Mike Nelson creates some great anthems that brood and soar, with a Chris Martin like delivery. One of MrsT’s faves.

4 Likes

The Very Best of Lighthouse Family.

7 Likes