What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

On newly acquired used (but as new) vinyl:

I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt a bit to be re-buying titles I had before.

20 Likes

This album is just fantastic. Downloaded a while ago but only just got to give it a relaxed listen.

7 Likes

17 Likes

Beth & Joe - Live in Amsterdam on CD (x2) from 2014. Superlative blues from the dynamic duo.

The Blu-ray of the concert is wonderful and I’ve hesitated to get the CD, as there’s some negative commentary about the content and that it’s a patchwork. Well, that may be in that audience reaction has been edited out but arguably it’s all the better for it. The repro is VG IMO.

To my ears Beth is so much better live, and here her voice is mixed to the front (unlike the Zep covers - doh!).

If you like Beth, this is a must IMV and better than her studio albums. And if you haven’t got any Beth, just watch & listen to the below.

7 Likes

Pat Metheny From This Place / 2020 Nonesuch / EU CD / 075597924374

8 Likes

18 Likes

Worth nudging this to the top of the pile again, in case anyone has missed it; the rather striking and very capable young Argentinian Saxofonist Julieta Eugenio with her recent album Jump, released on Dave Douglas’ Greenleaf label.

Its available on Qobuz and Apple Music too.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Yes Fragile / 2003 Elektra / Germany CD / 8122737892 / Bonus track edition - America + Roundabout (Early Rough Mix)

15 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

A superb Crusaders gig from 76 unreleased. Officially recorded.

7 Likes

1 Like

Nice music for Saturday morning…

2 Likes

1 Like

Because Sir Paul turns 80 today

51wp6y1WuoL.AC
Band On The Run.

19 Likes

bit of a Hawkwind trip last night:
2nd disc of

followed by
and

After not having any music to listen to for over 15 years , I went into a record shop (in 1997) and said something like, ‘not wanting to look like a hippy coming out of a time warp - but are Hawkwind still going?’
Cackled all the way home as it obviously made me sound like a hippy coming out of a time warp…

12 Likes

Then a change of pace:

1 Like