What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

3 Likes

I still buy music I want on CD. However I look in charity shops for Vinyl, some times to great effect. Charity shops are particularly good, I find, for classical music.

That has been my general approach as well - I have had some mediocre purchases, but on the other hand, I have also scored very well on some thrift store vinyl. And I agree about classical, which in general tend to be in better condition than more “popular stuff” - although saying that is painting with a pretty broad brush.

Update: after listening to the first side of the above purchase, it will go into my “return to thrift store pile” without a listen to side two - I just feel sorry for the guitarists who had to play these elevator music versions of popular songs for a payday.

2 Likes

Now that does take me back to my childhood. My Dad had this for some reason, also the Ugly bug ball and Woodman, Woodman, spare that tree. Back in time, time, time _ _

2 Likes

First Act of Butterfly done.

Phew…going to take a break for some food before the rest.

And maybe dig out Malcom McLaren’s 12" for interim contrast (great record in its own right)!

1 Like

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Signs of Life: Live From The Highlands

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning after seeing a mention from @Steve_S on the " What releases are you looking forward to" thread and taking out Foy for a spin and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

2 Likes

Has this been released across the pond @seakayaker ? It’s not due out here until tomorrow.

I found the album on Qobuz and it was listed as being released on September 8th.

1 Like

It’s on Qobuz UK now but boy does he want an arm and leg for it - he’s having a bubble bath surely at that price.

2 Likes

8 Likes

7106271545_98e0a3c4e4_b
Bryan Ferry - Let’s Stick Together.

13 Likes

One of my favourite Stones albums and of the 70’s, will now be imprinted on my brain as the album I was listening to when news came in of the Queen’s death.

17 Likes

She looks like Carla Bley ?

1 Like

Now playing…

[NAIM AUDIO > The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2020

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… about to start today’s exercise program and turning to this playlist from the The Bristol Hi-Fi Show from 2020 to keep me company and the opening track is sounding sublime! Life is sweet and so is the music…

10 Likes

Maybe that is because it’s her daughter.

1 Like

With todays sad news here in the UK I am not in the mood for listening to music.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. As aomeone with Republican views I express condolonces to the family but its otherwise meaningless to me.

Play on
:heart:

Sleep well my English friends you wake into a new era.

7 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes