What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Vinyl. This, sadly, is a grey market semi-boot of this legendary album. Good news is, there is a big Dorothy Ashby reissue programme coming soon!

6 Likes

The Lamb! What a pub that used to be. Haven’t been in years.

1 Like

Steve it’s a gastropub now. A very nice one, but it’s not the same as it was…

1 Like

Primal Scream - Screamadelica : The 12" singles box set.

Just wot it says on the tin - The 12” singles from the original Screamadelica campaign, plus a tenth disc, which consists of a previously unheard remix (and accompanying instrumental) of ‘Shine Like Stars’ by the album’s late and beloved producer Andrew Weatherall.

It’s The Scream, an’ it’s great, innit.

3 Likes

I wondered as much…happened to so many great pubs.
First time we visited one of our two locals (on the River Lea) after its transition to gastro, I had to leave after one drink and go recover in the other, the Anchor & Hope which thankfully remained the same as it ever was.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s virtually impossible for a pub to make a profit by just being a boozer these days

From the 2014 mono vinyl box set. What a debut!

17 Likes

Folder

Perhaps not looking his best?! - but some good stuff on here

Reminds me of a pub near Kew Bridge on the north side of the River, over 25 years ago it has to be said.
We ordered pints then inquired about snacks… the barman, very formal, leant over me and said with a frown “We do not sell potato crisps here young man…”

Wonderful place! Went there a few times.

4 Likes

Beth Hart - Better Than Home

Belter!

12 Likes

Mulligan & O’Hare - Bliss

You might have to give this a couple of plays to appreciate their unique talent.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :+1:

With the recent news I thought I would try and cheer us all up!

6 Likes

Another one from the 2014 mono vinyl box. Took a bit longer to record than their debut.

20 Likes

Takes me back to 1975 buying this magnificent album.

Ian_Hunter_album_cover

11 Likes

Top notch Kentish electronica (on CD):

3 Likes

Eva Cassidy, Eva by heart. :relaxed:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Now playing…

Enrico Rava | Fred Hersch - The Song Is You

Enrico Rava (Flugelhorn) and Fred Hersch (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Saturday afternoon with this new release, September 8th, from Enrico Rava with Fred Hersch and the opening track is sounding sublime! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

2 Likes