What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Wings - Back To The Egg.

12 Likes

Time for a side or two of a bona fide masterpiece
The great Trout Mask by the good Captain.

Third Man Vault Package ltd edition
No, I haven’t tried on the Mask!
But I have used the tote bag…

Utterly utterly wonderful music.

16 Likes

I remember reading something like “you may only listen to this album once a year but on that day this is the only album that will work”

.sjb

2 Likes

Now playing…

Angus & Julie Stone - Angus & Julia Stone

Angus Stone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Kalimba, Tambourine, Vocals), Julia Stone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Thomas Bartlett (Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Pump Organ, Synthesizer), Rohin Brown (Electric Guitar), Rob Calder (Bass), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Chris Dave (Drums), Ben Edgar (Ambience, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Noise), Elliot Hammond (Drums), Ryan Hewitt (Percussion, Tambourine), Tom Jansek (Vocals), Matt Johnson (Drums, Percussion), Jason Lader (Bass), Gus Rigby (Vocals), Ed Roth (Piano, Wurlitzer), Jon Solo (Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Hammond Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer) and Jo Syme (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention above from @apye had me place this in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening tracks sound mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album!

6 Likes

I’m going to get over my prejudices and have a listen to that later.

Carmen Gomes Inc, Ray! Saw lots of her work mentioned in another thread. It’s awesome. Will try out her other albums too! :relaxed:

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/what-the-hell-is-an-audiophile-recording

4 Likes

Thank you @Richard.Dane

8 Likes

61Bl-znzSmL.AC
Weather Report - Best Of Vol. 1.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Carmen Gomes Inc. - Don’t You Cry

Carmen Gomes (Vocals), Folker Tettero (Guitar), Peter Bjørnild (Double Bass) and Bert Kamsteeg (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @davidng and others previously regarding had me select a random album and Carmen and members of this quartet are sounding sublime! Another catalogue to explore…

5 Likes

Florence + The Machine – Dance Fever
CD|2022

8 Likes

Such a great album…

18 Likes

For some strange reason I’ve been humming Rebel Rebel all day, Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing Reprise is imo one Bowies best performance.

24 Likes

Lloyd Cole Guesswork

7 Likes

Crop-BROOKLYN-FUNK-ESSENTIALS-AA-Side-Single-Cover-Art-copy

Brooklyn Funk Essentials.

2 Likes

Vocals and above all (for me) his lead guitar playing on this track.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Strong and beautiful piece of music.

1 Like

Allegri Quartet 50th Anniversary / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd074

4 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson Oblique / 2005 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724356383524

7 Likes