What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

1 Like

An Alpine Symphony

R.Strauss/Haitink/LSO

2 Likes

You’ve just written Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and you want a theme tune for the BBC adaptation - maybe a prog rock band, an electro-snyth band or the BBC radiophonic workshop.

No Douglas Adams suggests the Eagles - Journey of the Sorcerer from One of These Nights - marvellous!

11 Likes

After last night post, thought I’d start with this today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, looking forward to watching the Giants batter the Cowboys later.
COME ON BIG BLUE!!

8 Likes

Wonderful album revived by ecm.

2 Likes

Following a post in the “Gateway…” thread, I thought I should play the three albums I mentioned, starting with this one.

Gateway thread link if you’re interested…

2 Likes

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Suddenly I’m 19 again with a Gibson Les Paul. Well, OK, I couldn’t afford a Les Paul at that time, so make that a Fender Mustang.

7 Likes

Mono Blanco (White Monkey) is my favorite Son Jarocho band.

La Bruja (The Witch) is the quintessential Son Jarocho song.

Son Jarocho…may sound like other things you’ve heard but its very specific!

Instruments: 4-5 acoustic guitars including a fat bass, a harp, often a flamenco dancer…incredible combination. There are also dances that are spectacular to watch associated with this music and Veracruz.

Eva Cassidy - Time After Time - 2014

From the excellent vinyl collection.

4 Likes

La Bamba is a famous Son Jarocho song you may have even heard before, but the traditional versions are slightly different than the one in the movie…

Happy Thanksgiving from here in the UK :grinning:

I really enjoyed playing 90125 yesterday, what are your thoughts?
You have got a good ‘soccer’ match to look forward to tomorrow as well, good luck sir!

Also a UK resident. British born and bred, though not English as my parents were immigrants in the ‘50’s from India & Malaysia.
Working with Americans for many years left my family and I with a Thanksgiving tradition which we exercise to the best of our ability every year.
7 of us for for TG dinner later with Turkey and all the trimmings.
We all support different NFL teams, but everyone is a Giants supporter today😁

2 Likes

We celebrate thanksgiving on 4th July.

3 Likes

Bib10 …tenth album by Bibio aka Stephen Wilkinson. Very talented chap.

:rofl:

Finally got around to playing #2.
Prepping TG dinner for the family all on my own is hard work…:sweat:

11 Likes

Oops! My mistake :grinning: