What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Brings back memories - I don’t think I’ve been there in over 40 years!

1 Like

Aloe Blacc – Good Things
CD|2010

soul, funk

4 Likes

Currently listening to this station via the Atom. Broadcasts from California and as the name suggests it is an eclectic mix that can serve as ‘music while you work’ as well as being a good source of bands to follow up/investigate further.

Now Playing…

Benmont Tench - You Should Be So Lucky

Benmont Tench (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano), Ryan Adams (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Daphne Chen (Violin), Lauren Chipman (Viola), Richard Dodd (Cello), Eric Gorfain (Violin), Joel Jerome (Vocal Harmony), Ethan Johns (Drums, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric, Guitar, Leslie Guitar, Shaker, Slide Guitar, Tiple, Vocal Harmony), Blake Mills (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tiple), Tom Petty (Bass), David Rawlings (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Percussion), Ringo Starr (Tamborine), Don Was (Bass, Upright Bass), Gillian Welch (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony) and The Section Quartet (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this damp overcast and very cool morning with this 2013 release from Benmont and he and his talented musicians working with him are sounding sweet! …a lovely set of songs to ease into the day with.

5 Likes

bought this today!

2 Likes

Joni. Turbulent Indigo. CD. 1994. Great songs and it sounds “sumptuous”

14 Likes

Ozric Tentacles | Ethereal Cereal | 1985/6
“Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the now suitably chemicalised Ozric Tentacles”.

Early stuff from the boys and girl, this one featuring live sets at Glastonbury and Reading in the days when you could only get their music on cassette at their gigs and festivals or occasionally by mail order with a cheque or postal order.

7 Likes

Just Finishing…

Bonny Light Horseman - Rolling Golden Holy

Anaïs Mitchell (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Dulcimer, Handclaps), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion), Eric D. Johnson ((Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Banjo, Dulcimer, Harmonica, Piano, Shaker, Tambourine), Josh Kaufman (Vocals, Banjo, Drum Machine, Drums, Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Nylon String Guitar, 12-String Guitar, Hi String Guitar, Electric Piano, Organ B-3, Percussion, Synth, Ambient Synth, Handclaps) and Mike Lewis (Bass, Tenor Saxophone).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continued on this morning with this very fine album from Bonny Light Horsemen and Anaïs with the rest of the band sounded sublime!

8 Likes

A weekend favourite. CD.

" London Conversation is the first album by John Martyn, released on Island Records in 1967. Largely self-penned, the album is much more folk oriented than his blues/jazz tinged later releases. Recording was completed by 9 August and the album was released when Martyn was 19 in October 1967. The album reputedly cost £158 to record.[1] The cover photo was taken by Barry Wentzel on the roof of Island Records boss Chris Blackwell’s flat in Cromwell Road, London"

71jetIyOw0L.AC_SX355

8 Likes

I recall buying all 6 of their cassettes directly from the band by mail order. I still have 5 of them (but no tape deck to play them on)

1 Like

Now playing…

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - All The Good Times are Past & Gone

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… moving on this Saturday morning with this release from July 2020 from Gillian & David and they are sounding sublime.

4 Likes

Kate Bush - Army Dreamers - The Whole Story

17 Likes

Did you ever find a work around @GraemeBC or did you eventually just get a cassette deck? :melting_face:

Can | Soon Over Babaluma | 1974
Cracking on from yesterday’s Can with some more of their SACD collection, these boys were so good.

10 Likes

‘Grace Under Pressure’ - Rush

Released April 1984

Geddy Lee - Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
Alex Lifeson - Guitars
Neil Peart - Drums
Isca Dumnoniorum - Wine

9 Likes

Shpongled - Are You Shpongled…. Errr yes I am :joy:

7 Likes

Oh I had one back in the day so they were played and loved, but abandoned cassettes a long while ago and bought the Vitamin Enhanced CD box set. I kept the tapes for many years and actually managed to sell one on Discogs last year

1 Like

Great to see someone else playing some Shpongle :grinning:

2 Likes

Shakira, sale el sol. My body clock is all over the place watching some World Cup matches. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Anaïs Mitchell - Anaïs Mitchell

Anaïs Mitchell (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Michael Lewis (Bass, Tenor Aaxophone, Clarinet, Synthesizer), JT Bates (Drums, percussion), Josh Kaufman (Electric Guitar, Synthesizer, Bass, Piano, Mandolin, Organ, Harmonica, 12-String Guitar, Synth Bass, Aaron Dessner (Electric Guitar), Thomas Bartlett (Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer Electric Piano), Rhodes Piano, Mellotron, Organ), Nadia Sirota (Viola), Nathan Schram (Violin) and Alex Sopp (Flute).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Saturday morning with Anaïs and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes