What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

West Side Story on the box.

Just had to play this:

No paper panties. One-time use only.

Blue Turk is so Doorsy. Could have been a track on Soft Parade

5 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

Amos Lee (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vibraphone, Vocals), Priscilla Ahn (Vocals), Sam Beam (Vocals), Pieta Brown (Vocals), Joey Burns (Electric Bass, Upright Bass, Bowed Bass, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Tenor Guitar, Piano, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), John Convertino (Drums), Zach Djanikian (Vocals), James Gadson (Drums, Tambourine, Vocals), Caroline Isaacs (Vocals), Laura Kepner-Adney (Vocals), Greg Leisz (Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel, Slide Guitar, Weissenborn), Brian Lopez (Vocals), Willie Nelson (Nylon String Guitar, Vocals),Johnny O’Halloran (Bowed Saw), Jaron Olevsky (Banjo, Electric Bass, Upright Bass, Bowed Bass, Fender Rhodes, Electric Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Shaker, Synthesizer, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Mutlu Onaral (Vocals), Gabrielle Pietrangelo (Vocals), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Craig Schumacher (Harmonica, ynthesizer Bass), Jacob Valenzuela (Trumpet) and Lucinda Williams (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday Morning with with Amos Lee and the very talented group of musicians that are playing him and they are sounding sublime! One fabulous album, he has such a fabulous voice…

8 Likes

Currently listening to the New Year’s Eve concert of the Berliner Philharmoniker with Jonas Kaufman, but this was before on……
They have a free download of their music on Bandcamp till 12.00 tonight. I already had most of their albums for other people it might be interesting.

4 Likes

Only just came through the front door, ripped and listening.
Apologies coming late. Wanted to hear what all the fuss is about. Hope I don’t fall asleep before midnight :rofl:

14 Likes

Been a favourite ever since I first flew Jefferson Airplane…always got me there on time.

Crown Of Creation
US first press, 1968

4 Likes

Sounding very nice….

20 Likes

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin 2 / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11612

18 Likes

What’s wrong with West Side Story, it’s my favourite musical and I only like 2, the other on being The King & I😊

ZZ Top’s First Album | 1970
Starting to close out the year with one of my favourite old bands. Yet again I was tempted into to buying hi-res back catalogues of one of my essential old bands. A good new year resolution should be to stop chasing remasters and or hi-res music of my favourites but then again…

7 Likes

Didn’t say anything was wrong with it…?
School’s Out has a track based on it - “when you’re a Jet” etc.

So I played it :melting_face:

1 Like

Ray Charles and company.

7 Likes

1 Like

:man_facepalming:t2:…apologies. Haven’t listened to the album in years, totally forgot the track listing​:man_shrugging:t2:

No need to apologise!
I didn’t play SO to avoid WSS - I see now how that may have read!

1 Like

That’s a great opening album to kick off with here. Welcome!

1 Like

1970 - Spirit // Twelve Dreams…

14 Likes

Marvin Gaye, what’s going on. Happy new year everyone! With all the new year festivities and holiday, can’t help thinking not everyone are as fortunate. Ukraine continued to be bombed during new year’s eve during freezing cold winter and explosion of Covid cases in China.

13 Likes

:+1:Great album.

2 Likes

The thread continues into 2023 here;

2 Likes