What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Impressive sound quality stream from Qobuz.

9 Likes

Oh Yes It Is ! (must be panto season)

Still has the Tidal rip issue at 1.55 on track 1.
(has now been reported to Qobuz).

4 Likes

The Best Of Gallagher & Lyle (1995, 1998 or 2001 - some recollections may vary as they say)

7 Likes

I have a litographic print of the album cover without the wording and the leather. Have had it since tha album came out and it stills hangs on one of my walls today.

2 Likes

Posted by Biggles time ago. Tyvm.

6 Likes

Emmylou Harris, roses in the snow.

Awesome, Ty @Paul_C! How selfish of me not to think about reporting it. Just learnt how to report it. Hopefully with 2 reports (at least) it will be fixed.

I didn’t find it Qobuz but noticed in this very forum instructions how to request for it! Love this forum! Let’s see what happens. :blush:

Here are two links, both in German. Not necessary but appreciate speaking up if anyone has the English version. :pray:

Original post: Qobuz - request artist/album? - #4 by Flachead

10 Likes

Doing some digging it appears that this album from 1980’s is being ripped off by all and sundry. It has appeared under at least seven different titles, including Nashville Country Duets, Nashville Country, Love Hurts, Nashville Duets, Nobody’s Darling But Mine, Memories, and Country Masters: Under Your Spell Again, all with the same tracks or minor variation.

“Country Masters: Under Your Spell Again” is on Qobuz and appears to have a working version of Gone, Gone, Gone. (maybe it is even on Tidal - sorry).

5 Likes

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell, the traveling kind. :cowboy_hat_face::notes:

12 Likes

And talking of rip-offs brings me to
Nanette Workman - Grits And Cornbread (1977)

Now it not a bad album and well worth a listen.

But it had a certain Peter Frampton as a session musician.
It is now being presented as a Peter Frampton album (often no mention of Nanette) and is available under about ten different titles (all with the same tracks but sometimes swopped around).
It gives streaming and downloads a bad whiff.

Well that’s sorted out the New Year.

3 Likes

Recommended by @Richard.Dane . Tyvm

16 Likes

Emmylou Harris, the ballad of Sally Rose. :relaxed:

11 Likes

One of those CDs which never strays far from my CDP.

Morgan James Live from Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola – A Celebration of Nina Simone

Great songs, very good replay, a great voice and interpretations borne of her vocal quality & wonderful articulation (IMV) - noting @Erich 's post a couple or so above.

7 Likes

Hittin’ The Jug

1960 - Remastered by Rudy van Gelder, a good remaster for a change.

11 Likes

She is on the Rolling Stones album Let It Bleed billed as Nanette Newman - which caused many a raised eyebrow- what the fairy liquid lady.

3 Likes

Larry Carlton Alone/But Never Alone / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5689

8 Likes

21 Likes

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - Okd Yellow Moon

Following @davidng with some Emmylou, but I don’t need much encouragement to get me playing this brilliant album. I bought this in December and I think it’s been played at least once every day since.

17 Likes

To start the day…

The Doors - 1967 The Doors

25 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Corey Harris - Fulton Blues

6 Likes