What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Alela Diane, cusp. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Great sounding record. I wonder how the pending MOFI release is going to compare. My early uk pressing sounds tremendous, but still very tempted by the MOFI, despite all of the recent hyped controversy.

1 Like

Alela Diane, the pirate’s gospel. Haven’t actually tried this before from Alela Diane. Today is the day. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Diane Birch, Bible Belt. :relaxed:

10 Likes

23 Likes

Dominique Fils-Aimé – Nameless
CD|2018

Curiosity got the better of me, having seen Dominique’s albums posted here frequently. First listen.

3 Likes

Patty Griffin – Tape
CD|2022

2 Likes

Thought I’d have a classics day. Not my most played Beatle album but you could hardly dismiss it. Think The Day in the Life is one of their finest tracks and a fitting way to end a masterpiece especially in this hir res remix.

30 Likes

Carole King Tapestry, don’t think there’s a bad track on the album

35 Likes

This is a fantastic album.

2 Likes

Neil Young Harvest

37 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Guitar in the Space Age

Bill Frisell (Electric Guitar), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel, Electric Guitar), Tony Scherr (Bass, Acoustic Guitar) and Kenny Wollesen (Drums, Percussion, Vibes).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… spending a Saturday night with Bill, Greg, Tony and Kenny and the music is sounding mighty sweet! I do love this album…

8 Likes

Continuing with my classics, Bowie The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

36 Likes

Now playing…

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

Stevie Wonder (ARP Synthesizer, Drums, Harmonica, Keyboards, Moog Synthesizer, Synthesizer, Vocals), Gloria Barley (Vocals), Gloria Barley (Vocals), Jeff Beck (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar)Shirley Brewer (Vocals), Malcolm Cecil (Moog Synthesizer), Scott Edwards (Bass), Howard “Buzz” Feiten (Guitar), Jim Gilstrap (Vocals), Lani Groves (Vocals), Delores Harvin (Vocals), Loris Harvin (Vocals), Trevor Lawrence (Alto Saxophone), Steve Madaio (Trumpet), Steve Madalo (Trumpet), Robert Margouleff (Moog Synthesizer), Ray Parker, Jr. (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), David Sanborn (Alto Saxophone, Vocals), Deniece Williams (Vocals), Dennis Williams (Vocals), Wilson (Vocals), and Daniel Ben Zebulon (Congas, Percussion).

Streamed on Qobuz (192/24)… Just about finishing up with this fantastic album from Stevie and the fabulous group of supporting musicians and they sounded sublime! A trip back in time some 50+ years, gone in the blink of an eye, or so it can seam on some days…

29 Likes

That’s all it seems to take, a blink. On the bright side we’re so much wiser (apparently). :grin:

4 Likes

…yes a blink of an eye, I recollect a lot of what was happening in 60’s and 70’s era more than the 80’s and 90’s, then the 2000’s and 2010’s and start of 2020’s is more of a real sheet show… if you know what I mean…

I would not wanted to have missed a day of any of it… better than the alternative.

6 Likes

Yes so true, I’m just flipping through my classics. It does start to slow down once you leave the 70s. Think in the 80/90s we were too busy trying to eek out our place, earn a living and start families.

1 Like

Wasn’t a great fan of 80/90’s music by and large anyway so that helped forget about it

2 Likes

Lou Reeds Transformer always puts a smile on my dial.

27 Likes

Marvin Gaye What Going On, it seems we still don’t know.

29 Likes