What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Complete Madness - Madness

9 Likes

Maggie Rogers – Surrender
CD|2022

3 Likes

Ricky Ross, songwriter and lead singer for Deacon Blue, one of Scotland’s best loved and most successful bands, follows the release of 2020’s City Of Love, the band’s most successful album in 25 years, with a solo album ‘Short Stories Vol. 2.

1 Like

Tusk - Fleetwood Mac

18 Likes

Not played this in a while really enjoying it.

8 Likes

Sade - Best of, really good production, don’t usually get this quality on compilations in my experience.

17 Likes

Elvis Presley, 24 Karat Hits. SACD. Akurate CD.

5 Likes

Dylan on SACD.

25 Likes

Clairo – Sling
CD|2021

Indie pop. First listen.

2 Likes

A & M by OMD - 1981

Fond of spinning this over the last few months, captures that moment in time nicely.

15 Likes

A day out walking in the hills locally in a rather chilly wind, home for a lovely ragu and a bottle of nice Italian wine while listening to this on the Atom. Now finishing the wine and the music listening to it sounding lively on the CDX2. What a splendid day.

6 Likes

An astonishing-sounding SACD:

15 Likes

Greg Lake, his eponymous solo album, with Gary Moore in tow.

11 Likes

1982 - Nina Hagen // NSMR

2 Likes

Miles Davis - Circle in the Round

A compilation which at the time contained unreleased material.

The 26 minute title track from 1967 is quite brilliant.

13 Likes

‘Thriller’ - Michael Jackson

Picked up this one earlier today. Outstanding production from Quincy Jones. It’s been fascinating hearing these ubiquitous songs in detail on my system, rather than on the radio. They sound fabulous.

Biggest reveal is ‘The Girl Is Mine’ - his duet with Macca. Never a favourite track of mine but what tremendous production. The bass is warm and detailed, and vocals sparkle. I’m impressed.

15 Likes

Neil Young - This Notes For You.

12 Likes

That and Off the Wall both sound amazing. Only QJ produced one I am missing (on vinyl) is Bad
So giving it a quick blast - 1987
Michael_Jackson_-_Bad

12 Likes

Annette Peacock - I’m The One

Released when AP was a Mainman recording artiste.

The title track is one of the great female vocal performances.

6 Likes

1988 - The Smiths // Rank (Live)

10 Likes