What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

St. Germain - Tourist

St. Germain (aka: Ludopvic Navarre - Primary Artist), Edmundo Carneiro (Percussion), Alex Destrez (Keyboards), Idrissa Diop (Talking Drum), Edouard Labor (Flute, Saxophone), Pascal Ohsé (Trumpet) and Ernest Ranglin (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… kicking off this Saturday afternoon with St. Germain and his assemble talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime. I have not had this album out for a spin in quite awhile but a recent mention had me place in the queue. …a few tracks in and the toes are tapping, feet are moving and smile on my face is getting wider. One fine album…

14 Likes

81bFwWPDYqL.SS500
Taj Mahal, his debut from '68, blues, sounding as fresh today as when it was released.

16 Likes

Dave Mason & Steve Cropper - 4 Real Rock & Soul Revue - WAV CD rip
2 of the great guitarists playing live together, between them they wrote/co-wrote/played on a lot of classic tracks and they do them justice here.

7 Likes

Rachel’s - Music for Egon Schiele

3 Likes

That reminds me my first wife still has my Giant Steps LP. I wonder where she is now?

1 Like

Subtle playing

2 Likes

Rachel Baiman ‎– Cycles
CD|2021

Folk, country. Enjoyable album.

2 Likes

Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, all the roadrunning. I never get sick of this one. So nice. :relaxed:

18 Likes

After Taj Mahal’s version of “Statesboro Blues” it’s time for the one I heard first

81o7CD4F-ML.SS500
The Allman Bros. Band - At Fillmore East.

19 Likes

Continued with the other one, fine foot tapping stuff…

1 Like

Ronnie Lane - See Me - WAV CD rip
Classic gentle rock songs, played and sung with brilliance.

9 Likes

Both Sides Now

17 Likes

You just can’t help but love him…

6 Likes

Alexa Rose ‎– Headwaters
CD|2021

3 Likes

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon - WAV CD rip
One of the great singer-songwriters.

16 Likes

Kevin Eubanks Shadow Prophets / 1988 GRP / Switzerland CD / GRPD9565

1 Like

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell, the traveling kind. Another Emmylou Harris duet. Lovely. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Kronos Quartet - Folk Songs
CD|2017

8 Likes

A bit of late night jazz to end a rather good Saturday and what better than this superb version of KoB certainly the best I own and indeed have heard

15 Likes

What times the bingo on!

11 Likes