What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Think if they knocked on your front door you’d grab your family and valuables and race out the back door. That’s a very scary photo. :grin:

5 Likes

An unsettling and bizarre folk duo, Mulligan has breasts, presumably due to an incident with hormone replacement pills, while O’Hare has a big beard and a very short temper. Mulligan and O’Hare first met at an African style picnic in 1963. They sing songs such as “Frustrated By Weeds” and “My Rose Has Left Me,” the latter about O’Hare’s ex-wife Rose, a bald woman who went “to Kenya with the bloke from Allied carpets.” They have released ground breaking albums, such as The Onion Ring, Moods, Coffee Break, Pancake Day and Tittybiscuits and are well known for their instrumental cover versions of popular songs.

5 Likes

I bet they feature a lot of banjo’s :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sarah Brightman & Alfie Boe, God save the Queen.

And then Sarah Brightman, hymn.

2 Likes

Continuum, code. Trying to lift my mood a little. Thank you @TheKevster, joining you on this one.

2 Likes

Very quietly (neighbours :shushing_face:)

Terry Riley’s A Rainbow In Curved Air
US first press.

Just beautiful

2 Likes

Emilie-Claire Barlow, live in Tokyo. :relaxed:

Status Quo - Piledriver (1972)

My first taste of Quo and I was hooked. Still at school and (I think) my first ever gig - at the National Stadium in Dublin in 1972 air guitaring in front of the stage on this tour.

Where did all those years go?

Peter

13 Likes

Now Playing…

Joshua Redman - LongGone

Joshua Redman (Saxophone), Brad Mehldau (Piano), Christian McBride (Bass), and Brian Blade (Drums).

Returning home from an afternoon walk and continuing on with Joshua Redmand and this very talented quartet and they are sounding sublime! …a new album released September 8th.

5 Likes

Haven’t had much of a chance to listen recently, this new album from Kiwi Marlon Williams - My Boy is a great way to kick off a beautiful Sunday morning. Well worth a listen (available on Qobuz)

3 Likes

Must get it I’m a fan although after listening to his second album I was ready to jump off the cliffs at Bondi beach

His first album was a cracker

What format was it.

Ha ha - CD

Can’t blame me for trying. :rofl:

It’s great album, I’ll definitely be playing it again. Just think if you had a streamer you could play it now.

Billie Eilish Happier Than Ever

7 Likes

Another 25 cent thrift store purchase in truly excellent condition:

2 Likes

Tears for Fears Songs From the Big Chair

20 Likes

Gil Scott-Heron Pieces of a Man

9 Likes

16 Likes