What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Pat Metheny unity group kin

9 Likes

On Vinyl:
41faZkZ5ccL.AC

11 Likes

Love this album.
My copy is release year, not sure which press.
When the new system is assembled and running this is going on day 1😊

1 Like

Highly underrated album

14 Likes

Just listened to this on Qobuz … great

1 Like

Since a lot of vinyl listeners post here, I will ask this somewhat off-topic question. Why do so many online vinyl sellers ship the record outside of the album cover in the packaging? It seems counter-intuitive to me…that being inside the album cover would seem to offer more protection, but I have now seen it so often I assume there is something I am missing.

Apologies for the thread diversion, but I didn’t think it warranted a new thread since it can be answered quickly if anyone knows.

On Vinyl:
51QQ75j2zmL.UX500_FMjpg_QL85

14 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny Group - First Circle

Pat Metheny (Synclavier Guitar, Sitar, Slide Guitars, Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer), Lyle Mays (Trumpet, Piano, Synthesizer, Oberheim, Agogo Bells, Organ), Steve Rodby (Bass Drum, Bass Guitar, Acoustic Bass), Pedro Aznar (Glockenspiel, Voice, Bells, Guitar, Percussion, Whistle) and Paul Wertico (Drums, Field Drum, Cymbal).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @GeoffC of Full Circle yesterday in the Song Track of the Day thread " [First Circle (4K) - Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays | FSU Percussion Ensemble](First Circle (4K) - Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays | FSU Percussion Ensemble - YouTube)" had me place this in the queue. The UTube video that Geoff posted was outstanding! Thanks for that and worth the time to take a look if you have a moment. Pat and the group are sounding mighty fine this morning!

13 Likes

Big fan of Floyd and Gilmour but somehow this never did it for me.

However this remix is just super - maybe I’m taking the trouble to listen to it properly.

Before leaving the city I had to trek over to Islington to buy some art supplies and walking back I found myself in Britannia Row and thought hello this is where they made Animals.

29 Likes

Agreed! Hearing a lot of new stuff on this mix.

And the vinyl comes with a very classy booklet too.

13 Likes

Jackie McLean – Bluesnik
XRCD rip | 2010

Keeping with the Audio Wave titles. Album originally released in 1962.

4 Likes

Taken my copy back to the shop. It was a car-crash of a pressing. Just dreadful. I’ll get another copy and hope for better. Hope yours is a goodun.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that - the heartache of having to do that so many times in 80’s just left me a nervous wreck when playing a newly bought album. I vowed never ever ever ever to go back to vinyl.

I’m listening to the 192 Hi Res download which is amazing.

2 Likes

My fave REM album

16 Likes

Track one on side two has a pop and click for the first 30 seconds. Tried giving it a clean but no good. Held it up to the light - a noticeable blemish. Everything else is fine but this’ll annoy me if I keep it - so I’ve ordered a replacement and will send this one back at the end of the weekend.

1 Like

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up

14 Likes

Maroon 5. Songs about Jane. CD. This album really shocked and surprised me. A friend’s kids said you must listen to this and wanted me to borrow it. Through politeness I took it home. Two listens and I bought it. Seriously good (mainly rock) album, great songs. The band seem to have gone off in different directions since. I’m not surprised it sold in huge volumes.
Songs About Jane consists of songs about Levine’s ex-girlfriend Jane Herman.

9 Likes

Like @AndyP Animals wasn’t my favourite Floyd - I only started properly listening to much post-Ummagumma PF a couple of years ago (I’m not a real Floyd fan!) and it, as Andy said, “just didn’t do it for me”…

This, however…liking it.

24 Likes

Let’s begin Friday with some Faithless.

Going to enjoy finding out what this Ania can do.

5 Likes

Blu-ray (hi-res stereo)

24 Likes