What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

Tracks like this that are well recorded and mastered remind you just how good CD quality files can sound

3 Likes

Midnight Oil, diesel and dust. Happy Australia Day @Pete_the_painter and all the aussies out there! :blush:

14 Likes

I’ll definitely be playing Midnight Oil later today, it would be Australia Day without them.

And I will most definitely be playing Gurrumul! In fact, I couldn’t help but paused Goldfrapp a bit for it. But doesn’t do it justice not listening through end-to-end. :wink:

1 Like

Zero 7 Simple Things

Great late night listening - just let the music wash over you

9 Likes

Gurrumul, the Gurrumul story. Just divine, especially on Australia Day. Thanks @Pete_the_painter for mentioning! :blush:

5 Likes

Sticking with my all Aussie playlist, Richard Clapton The Great Escape

2 Likes

INXS, Kick! Feels like a good day to play INXS! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

A bit of Aussie swamp rock Cruel Sea The Honeymoon is Over

3 Likes

AC/DC, back in black. Moved over to headphones for this one because Mrs David didn’t agree with the volume I was playing. :woman_facepalming:t2::smiling_imp:

18 Likes

Cold Chisel’s excellent East.

1 Like

No Aussie Day would be complete without a rant from one of my favourite Aussie bands, Midnight Oil. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 is undoubtedly their finest album blending politics, art and pub rock in one album. To quote Molly Meldrum “do yourself a favour” definitely worth a listen.

9 Likes

Renee Gayer It’s a Man’s Man’s World

1 Like

How dare you assume I want to parlez-vous with you?
You Gretchen Franklin nosey matron thing

:rofl:

Great album :+1:

Right back ya :blush:

1 Like

Mark Vincent & Marina Prior, Together.

Looking Back - Los Retros

4 Likes

Michael Franks Passionfruit / 1987 Warner / US CD / 9239622

7 Likes

Life Between Islands / Soul Jazz Records.

2 Likes