What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Yes…definitely……i worked at Murex at Rainham, started in 1978 to 1982, we did the odd lunchtime session, but mainly evenings. But as mentioned before mostly the Bridge house, Canning town for many years after……and forgot my past.

I’d have used some of your products, working as a diver on The Thames Barrier during the period in question.

Great days.

Beethoven’s 7th conducted by Kleiber - absolute perfection

16 Likes

:+1:

Genesis archive 1967 to 1975 CD no. 3
Live at the Rainbow 1973

3 Likes

The Crickets And Their Buddies.

5 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan, the magic hour solo sessions. With 4 vowels out of 5 in her name, I had no idea how to pronounce it without asking for some help and discovered it means beauty and is one of the nicest Irish names. No such problems with her songs. Beautiful. :relaxed:

7 Likes

That spelling of Aoife (there is also Aoibhe) is the only name I know with a higher percentage of vowels than my name (Eoin).

2 Likes

Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795700

4 Likes

A great series of Scarlatti, looking forward to the release of the next volume…

5 Likes

8 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …this is one fantastic album.

7 Likes

I remember many many years ago when I first got caught in the Hi-Fi trap reading whet then was my favourite Hi-Fi Magazine - which no longer exists - you know the one - all I will say as a clue to its title is Thomas Dolby named an album after it. The music wasn’t really what I was into, the gear I couldn’t afford, and I ended up going round and round in circles chasing the sound I wanted! Well I have finally found it - a fairly basic Naim set-up 122x and 200 but there’s a Core on its way - a dac v1 upstairs and I’ve just snagged a flat cap xs on a certain websiteand I’m very happily listening to this like it’s the first time I heard it!

15 Likes

Natalie Merchant, self titled album. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Kicking off Australian Day with a beautiful album by Gurrumul.

6 Likes

71sF2fM+MrL.SS500
Ry Cooder - Boomer’s Story.

18 Likes

It’s pronounced “E Fah” and yes it is indeed a lovely Irish name.

Peter

2 Likes

Goldfrapp, tales of us. :relaxed:

Thank you @LSLFAN, another suggestion to the same effect is “Eefa”. My last name Ng is hard to pronounce by many due to the lack of vowels. Didn’t know having many vowels would be challenging, too. :joy:

13 Likes

Paul Kelly Songs From the South Vol 1/2 Greatest Hits

4 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Cross My Palm With Silver

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Yonathan Avishai (Piano), Barak Mori (Double Bass) and Nasheet Waits (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/240… started today’s exercise routine with ‘Big Vicious’ and finished the routine with Avishai and this wonderful quartet with the ‘Cross My Palm With Silver’ released in 2017 and the music is sounding superb!

7 Likes