What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

The Light at the end of the Line - Janis Ian. She says this is her final album which is a shame because this is a cracker.

1 Like

Great band, so I think i will start the day with the debut

Kula Shaker - K.

13 Likes

Scattered Flowers - live album from Kristina Train. Released middle of 2021. Previous album Dark Black also excellent.

1 Like

Moloko Catalogue / 2006 Echo / UK Promo CD / ECHCDPR70

5 Likes

House to myself = license to go loud!.. So it’s Katatonia and a great sounding hard rock/metal album.

7 Likes

710EQ6JSUsL.SS500
Prince - Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic, unusually this album features guest artists and is a tad too long, but the programme function is your friend.

7 Likes

Love this album. Love the opening track. And love the cover…

25 Likes

Nine Tonight. Bob Seger Live Recorded 1980. Later and sister album to 1976 " Live Bullet". More polished but not as Rock and Roll as Live Bullet. Both great. Strangely, both double vinyl albums have side 1 paired with side 4, and 2 with 3. Must be deliberate, but mildly annoying. Play Live Bullet more often.

51FwPcLJdrL.AC_SY355

hqdefault

15 Likes

I just discovered Takashi Yoshimatsu. Beautiful music.

51zmpRqop4L.SY780

5 Likes

Calling it a night… Richard Hawley and Coles Corner for the closer… beautiful record.

16 Likes

Not that old gag! :wink:

1 Like

Jordi Savall Jean-Baptiste Lully, Le Concert Des Nations - L’Orchestre Du Roi Soleil
Symphonies, Ouvertures & Airs À Jouer / 2003 Alia Vox / Austria Hybrid SACD / AVSA 9807

12 Likes

Indeed, he writes the excellent sleeve notes here too.

1 Like

I know, so sorry I couldnt resist being puerile.

I’m a bit like a Woodbine :joy:
:heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the mention of his book, I’ve just ordered a copy for my next read.

1 Like

For me, his very best.

3 Likes

It’s a really good read if you havent already.

I’ve ordered the Life Between Islands, out Friday hopefully. I’m guessing you got an advance copy? Lucky man

Listening to that DJ Yoda comp right now
:heart:

I’m really looking forward to it.

Yes, I was fortunate to receive an early copy of the superb Soul Jazz comp.

1 Like

Let us know what you think of it. I really like it and enjoy it as another one of those hybrid albums that actually works, like Guru’s Jazzmatazz and US3’s Hand On The Torch.

1 Like