What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I’ve heard people say that :wink:

2 Likes

@igahman neighbours?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Led Zeppelin ll - Japanese SHM remaster.

Part of the SHM boxset, which gets much love here on the forum, and which I’m so glad I bought at the time of it’s release, as it goes for silly money these days … (and there’s lot’s of dodgy copies about, too).

led-zeppelin-definitive-collection-c0f7ff0a-9d30-4936-b4c1-787d1ef23cb-resize-750

LOUD, mind.

32 Likes

Mick Harvey - Pink Elephants

His second instalment of the Songs of Serge Gainsbourg.

For all you Nick Cave fans - he and Anita Lane get it on with an English version of Je t’aime !

1 Like

Lord Huron - Long Lost
CD|2021

Seeing this and " Strange Trails" posted over the last few months, decided to give the band a try. Enjoying the album so far on this first run.

5 Likes

On BBC Sounds, a sensational selection of weird, wonderful and downright bizarre Fabs cover, selected by Mr Maconie. Well worth two hours of your time.

8 Likes

I for one am pleased you repeat post the Alpha School.
Did you get to read The Cradle Of Jamaican Music book about Alpha?

Respect due
:heart:

1 Like

TG Now | 2004
My first Throbbing Gristle of the year.

3 Likes

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols,

Yes, I thought it a good read, and it provided a great insight into that unique sound.

Currently working my way through this one:

Sounds Like London - 100 Years of Black Music in the Capital - by Lloyd Bradley.

'S a bit good, innit … though, sadly, no mention of that long lost East End nightclub, the name of which has slipped through my ageing memory filters. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Can’t top that.

:muscle::fire::sunglasses:

1 Like

Tony Bennet - 1994 MTV Unplugged

8 Likes

Thea Gilmore - Rules for Jokers

I’ve enjoyed this album since the early noughties. She paints pictures and tells stories with her lyrics. The lyrics, coupled with her great voice and delicate arrangements, make for a thoroughly enjoyable album.

8 Likes

Tanz Der Lemminge | 1971
The Throbbers were always a hard act to follow but some fine old Amon Düül II will do very nicely.

5 Likes

91GwxsxpgCL.SS500
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly, although I must be one of a very small group on the forum who owns no Steely Dan other than a best of ( " burn the heretic! " ), I have always enjoyed this album, ever since hearing " New Frontier " on TOGWT all those years ago.

28 Likes

81q+EaHfZWL.AC_UY436_QL65

3 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

That cover really sells the music

1 Like

Joe Henderson - The State of the Tenor Live at the Village Vanguard Vol 1

I’ll be on the lookout for Vol 2 because this is excellent.

IMG-4

10 Likes

Just Finished…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… eased into this late morning while folding laundry with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and the music is sounding sublime! The first Monday of the new year and time to start getting things done after a couple of weeks relaxing around the holidays. Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and safe 2022… Life is sweet and so is the music!

6 Likes