What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

You mean The Four Aces in Dalston, Hackney? Legendary place. Sadly, I only went once.

Can’t seem to copy and paste the Wikipedia page.

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage

Nick Cave (Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Warren Ellis (Autoharp, Drum Machine, Alto Flute, Glockenspiel, Tenor Guitar, Harmonium, Loops, Mixing, Piano, Synthesizer, Viola, Violin, Vocals), Luis Almau (Drums, Acoustic Guitar), Amy Carson (Choir/Chorus), Hannah Cooke (Choir/Chorus), Sarah Dacey (Choir/Chorus), Timothy Dickinson (Choir/Chorus), Nicholas Madden (Choir/Chorus), Alessandro Ruisi (Strings, Violin), Max Ruisi (Cello, Strings), Esmeralda Conde Ruiz (Choir/Chorus, Conductor), Eloisa-Fleur Thom (Strings, Violin), Luba Tunnicliffe (Strings, Viola) and Thomas Wydler (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Nick, Warren and the band and they are sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

Alan Clark was keyboards for Dire Straits, Clapton , Trevor Horn and so many more……nice to concentrate on keyboards for a change.

3 Likes

Nah, @steviebee, nothing as celebrated as the 4 Aces, this was something of a dive, but which played ska and reggae every Thursday night when I was working on the Thames Barrier between '78 / '80.

I seem to remember it being on a corner on either Victoria Dock Road, North Woolwich Road or Silvertown Way, and it was a regular haunt for us at the time.

I just can’t remember what it was called, and it’s been bugging me for years now. :thinking: :thinking: :man_shrugging:

George Benson Quartet - It’s Uptown, reminded of this by @Dreadatthecontrols posts regarding Lonnie Smith, as he features in the band. Cheers for the earlier post Dread and I have now ordered Breathe :+1:.

6 Likes

Looks interesting Gazza, is it solo piano/ keys or are other musicians involved ?

He is recreating songs from his past collaborations……solo on piano, makes a nice change.

1 Like

Now playing…

India.Arie - Acoustic Soul

India.Arie (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion,Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the afternoon with India.Arie and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

13 Likes

Cheers mate, yes, might make a nice change, I have a similar one by Rick Wakeman.

1 Like

Wonderful!

1 Like

Me too, love Mike O. Saw his concert in 1982 in Oxford.

1 Like

1 Like

Good night All.

Tony Bennett, Dave Brubeck - 1962 The White House Sessions

5 Likes

Susan Wong - My Live Stories.

3 Likes

Before a great progressive rock band

2 Likes

Now ending my day with this fine album…

7 Likes

Most from DSD gold SHM form Japan or Hybrid SACDs.

and I am surprised no one yet mentioned Dave Matthews … at least sound-wise and technically excellent.
and Allman Brothers Band and Trucks Tedeschi Band

5 Likes

81wY51D3bcL.SS500
Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness’ First Finale, I have just checked, he was still only 24 when he released this!

19 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, kid stuff. Ahem, that’s right, feeling like some kid stuff and I like it. :wink:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You

Bruce Springsteen (Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Roy Bittan (Piano, Vocals), Jake Clemons (Saxophone), Charles Giordano (Organ, Vocals), Nils Lofgren (Guitar, Vocals), Patti Scialfa (Vocals), Garry Tallent (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Steven Van Zandt (Guitar, Vocals) and Max Weinberg (Drums, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon while doing today’s exercise with Bruce’s release from October 2020 and he and the band are sounding sublime! …a very enjoyable album

15 Likes