What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Chet Baker - Once Upon a Summertime

One the of best from Chet recorded in 1977 - he is (back) on top form.

5 Likes

10cc Greatest Hits. Vinyl. Got all their original line up stuff, but this one “appeared” in my collection years ago. Don’t know whose it was or if they missed it. Love 10cc but never sure if they were taking the p*ss.

16 Likes

18 Likes

Nanci Griffith - Other Voices, Too (A Trip Back To Bountiful)

13 Likes

The heaviest they come-

14 Likes

PM on BBC R4.

It’s another big day.

My CD by Konitz, Mehldau, Haden - Alone Together is on pause.

2 Likes

I’ve seen your heads up/hats off for this book, it does sound good. Thanks.

1 Like

<<>>

Eddie Van Halen was born on this day in 1955

Born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (settled in USA in 1962) :netherlands: :us:

Edward Lodewijk Van Halen 1955-2020

11 Likes

Last of the afternoon. Wife is finishing work. Joe Walsh/James Gang. CD. Some great rock songs on here, especially Funk 49, Meadows, and Rocky Mountain Way.
And he can play.

13 Likes

Continuing the Stone’s theme.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Lucinda Williams - This Sweet Old World

Lucinda Williams (Guitar, Vocals), David Bianco (Organ), Greg Leisz (Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar), Stuart Mathis (Guitar), Butch Norton (Drum, Percussion, Vocals) and David Sutton (Bass, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention above from @Debs had me place this fabulous album in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Lucinda and the band are sounding sublime! Happy 69th Birthday Lucinda and keep the music coming…

19 Likes

Graham Collier British Conversations. Until a recommendation here I’d always assumed him, with absolutely no evidence, to be a Trad merchant. Tremendous big band composition and playing with Harry Beckett and Ed Speight (new to me) in scintillating form. A lovely package altogether with good pressing and pin sharp SQ from My Only Desire.

9 Likes

Ane Brun - Leave Me Breathless

I’ve been listening to this quite frequently on Qobuz, but had to get my own copy on CD. Ripped to my NS01 and streamed through the ND555, it’s sounding better than ever. I adore her versions of the Elvis classic, Always On My Mind, and Bob Dylan’s Make You Feel My Love.

9 Likes

The Coral - Coral Island

9 Likes

Such a beautiful album of Spanish guitar led Latin American music. Some lovely Hermeto Pascoal songs and lots of traditional folkloric ones too.
Sumptuous, sensual sound throughout.

Danca Dos Tempos - Fabiano Do Nascimento

3 Likes

Something a bit different. This takes me right back to a particular dance in ‘82 and the Safety Dance came on. I immediately went out and bought this particular album and found the rest was pretty awesome too. This still sounds really good…

9 Likes

Now Playing…

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

Lucinda Williams (Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Roy Bittan (Accordion, Hammond Organ), John Ciambotti (Bass Guitar), Steve Earle (Acoustic Guitar, Resonator Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Emmylou Harris (Vocals), Ray Kennedy (12 String Guitar), Jim Lauderdale (Vocals), Greg Leisz (12 String Guitar, Mandolin), Donald Lindley (Drums, Percussion), Buddy Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mando-Guitar, Vocals), Gurf Morlix (12 String Guitar (Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar), Bo Ramsey (Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar), Johnny Lee Schell (Dobro, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar), Charlie Sexton (Dobro, Electric Guitar) and Micheal Smotherman (Hammond Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with the celebration of Lucinda’s birthday with the 1998 release of ‘Car Wheels on a Gravel Road’ and Lucinda and the band are sounding mighty fine… One sweet album!

20 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in over 40 years. I guess that’s how long it takes to appreciate it. :sunglasses:

14 Likes

The River delivered on Monday and dBpoweramp was powered up. Ripped, metadata tweaked and whizzed across the network to the NAS. Then press Play.

Maceo Parker - Soul Classics (2012)

Maceo Parker - Vocals, Alto Saxophone
Christian McBride - Bass
Cora Coleman-Dunham - Drums
WDR Big Band Cologne.

Playing the music of James Brown (3), Stevie Wonder (2), Isaac Hayes, Aretha Franklin.
Recorded at the ‘Leverkusener Jazztage’ at The Forum, Leverkusen on 10th November 2011.
Great album.

4 Likes

What is the safety dance, I’ve not heard of that?