David Byrne American Utopia

15 Likes

Jackson Browne Standing in the Breach

19 Likes

Sting The Dream of the Blue Turtles

22 Likes

Midnight Oil - Earth and Sun and Moon

5 Likes

This is about as far back as my musical memories go, The Beatles Please Please Me (mono)

22 Likes

After much searching, I finally tracked down an affordable copy of this, the Audio Fidelity numbered release of Vangelis’ Blade Runner, a couple of years ago. I played it once or twice and was a little underwhelmed - the sound was certainly good, but a touch woolly, which I put down to the coloured vinyl, as it was clear that it had hardly been played at all. I added it to the to-be-cleaned pile, eventually cleaned it on the VPI, then forgot about it for a while.

Yesterday I played it for the first time since cleaning it. What a transformation! It’s now one of the best sounding records I own. A huge and solid sound, very detailed and natural, and with surfaces that are almost completely silent. I couldn’t be happier with it.

Having cleaned hundreds of records, I’ve found the process to be a bit of a lottery. Almost all records are somewhat improved, but it’s unpredictable. I might have a record that’s obviously filthy, I clean it so it looks new, and yet it sounds only marginally better. Conversely, I’ve cleaned a few records that look clean but sound sub-par, look little different after cleaning, yet end up transformed. Anyway, the few times it works out as well as this, the whole tedious process ends up being very satisfying.

20 Likes

The Moody Blues Days of Future Past, my last for the day.

21 Likes

@Anonymoot just posted a clip of Roy from this album on the Awesome YouTube Stuff thread.

1 Like

Nikki Lane, denim & diamonds. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Beverley Kenny, born to be blue. Actually played this after Bonnie White Horseman, much earlier today, because both Beverley and Bonnie have interesting phrasing techniques. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Just replaced my battered original with the 2017 version. For me it’s better, as is the 2017 Before & After Science (which is still my favourite Eno release)

2 Likes

Favourite Sting solo album.

1 Like

Little bit of Margriet Sjoerdsma whilst cracking though the work.

4 Likes

Crowded House

Blast from the past. Brought the wife in to listen. Always a favourite.

Phil

18 Likes

EP, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

20 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes:

13 Likes

Yes - Keys to Ascension 2

Live Yes with excellent sound for once.

14 Likes

Good find, thanks