What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Fleetwood Mac, tango in the night. :relaxed:

25 Likes

IMO their best album.

1 Like

R-4644419-1370889625-7976
Joey DeFrancesco with Jimmy Smith - Legacy.

8 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. :relaxed:

11 Likes

.sjb

2 Likes

Now playing…

Lucrecia Dalt - ¡Ay!

Lucrecia Dalt (Vocals), Alex Lázaro (Percussion), Lina Allemano (Trumpet), Edith Steyer (Clarinet, Flute), Nick Dunston (Double Bass), Isabel Rößler (Double Bass), Camille Mandoki (Vocals) and Alex Lázaro (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… taking out Lucrecia’s ¡Ay! album for a second spin and Lucrecia and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …I took this out about 10 days ago and enjoyed the music.

1 Like

After doing a few side by side comparisons of Revolver thought I’d give this a spin, another version of Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells. This has a bit more depth and so it’s not bad at all.

Quick update it was all going well until those magic two words “grand piano”. I’m not sure who’s added the vocals but I wished they got someone else. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

INXS Kicks

15 Likes

The Beatles Revolver remix 2022. HD tracks haven’t offered the deluxe 4 CDs yet so having to stream it via Qobuz. Tbh there doesn’t seem a lot of difference from my 2009 mono remastered cd.

19 Likes

Stevie Wonder Talking Book, original Tamla pressing complete with Braille message.

In response to the “and why” part of the thread title, because it was released 50 years ago today.

25 Likes

That’ll the Big Booming Brian Blessed.

Hope he’s not a friend of yours, ruined it imo. Just sounds like he was trying way too hard.

1 Like

Brian is a legend.

I am surprised you haven’t heard of him he certainly wouldn’t need a telephone for you to hear him all the way over in your part of the world.

6 Likes

Never got into them - didn’t understand the hipe around them

:flushed:That might affect my purchasing decision

Best is have a listen and see what you think, I’d be interested in your opinion.

2 Likes

For a terrible bleary eyed moment I thought you were talking about the Revolver release :rofl:

Ha oh no got that wrong my friend :crazy_face:

1 Like

Can’t say I’m a big fan either, just thought I’d give it a spin (you can painlessly do those sort of things with a streamer and an account :wink:). It wasn’t that bad but I wouldn’t purchase it, I do however really like Don’t Change from Shabooh Shoobah think it’s their best track and best album.

1 Like

Yes I will - I’m a big fan of the album. Also, I’m going to give this a spin (on Bandcamp)

3 Likes