What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Is that another album, MO has put out about 4 versions plus there’s obviously other instrumental versions. Hope he’s cleaning up on the royalties.

Another dig in the guts for me re streaming ha :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Steely Dan two against nature / 2000 BMG Giant / Japan Promo CD / BVCG21003

15 Likes

No, just a fact. You’ve got a anti streaming disorder and may require some assistance.

Morning Geoff, great way to start your day.

1 Like

Possibly although my famous Naim dealer doesn’t think so :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

That’s not what he tells me

Agree, every time he was the guest host on Have I Got News For You, it always degenerated into wonderfully entertaining chaos. Also, to my surprise, sat watching a DVD with the children, it was a joy to hear his booming tones on Peppa Pig (of all things) and always enjoyed watching those episodes more than the others.

Apologies for the thread diversion, but it is for Brian Blessed!

7 Likes

You must be deaf - :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:get back on topic you country dude

I’m up for some of that👍🏼

1 Like

The Beatles - Revolver (Giles Martin remix)

The opening bass notes on Taxman made the cat jump. My initial impression is that the improvement is not dissimilar to what I heard on Sgt Pepper and the white album. The bass, however, is quite prominent now though and I’m not sure if it feels right. But these are early days.

EDIT: I’ve just finished listening to all 63 tracks as well as repeats of a few favourites. It’s particularly interesting to hear the evolution of Yellow Submarine, which changed considerably between John’s original recording and the final release. As with all previous Giles Martin remixes, I’m sure this will become my version of choice.

19 Likes

Steely Dan everything must go / 2003 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR11530

You’ll need the tools for survival
And the medicine for the blues

17 Likes

Feeling the vibe after listening to Stevie Wonder’s 50 year old Talking Book recommended by @Corry (much enjoyed) this morning, thought I’d continue with my favourite SW album…

22 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied / 2012 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25038

We would sing that stupid song
And every word we sang
I knew was true

18 Likes

Hubert Sumlin - I Know You

11 Likes

Decided to stay with the “Stevie” theme for the next instalment this morning, whilst awaiting the call to go and recover my car…

Went with a Qobuz “Random” selection🙂

21 Likes

‘Pieces of a Man’ - Gil Scott-Heron

50th Anniversary AAA 2-disc 45rpm edition. Cut in all-analogue chain by Frank Merritt at The Carvery, London.

Fabulous SQ on this edition. Truly wonderful.

14 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to pump up the volume but was left a little underwhelmed, maybe it was the Qobuz stream.

Away for the weekend but will give it another spin with a little more volume when I get home. I did find the outtakes very interesting and definitely a plus, love hearing the song’s progress from draft to the finished track.

3 Likes

It needs (and deserves) volume, Pete, particularly the mono mixes.

2 Likes

Playing on CD although do have a vinyl copy.
fabulous especially Scheherazade the musical arrangement and Annie Haslam’s vocals are incredible .

7166clxthBL.AC_SY450

11 Likes