What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Cynthia’s making vinyl manoeuvres too difficult so prostrate with some medicinal Landords n ting and streaming my probably most favourite Jazz album period

Oliver Nelson - The Blues And The Abstract Truth (Qobuz HR)

:heart:

21 Likes

Fabulous album. Enjoy!

1 Like

It is! Hey, Ive been meaning to ask, what is Isca…Latin I guess?

2 Likes

Yes Dread, it’s a Latinisation of a native Brittonic name describing flowing water, i.e. River Exe. Used by the Romans when they took over what is now Exeter in AD55.

2 Likes

Forgot how incredible this album is. Sonic bliss.

23 Likes

A Tribute to Leonard Cohen - Qobuz

A slightly different take on his songs. Particularly impressed by Sarah McLachlan singing Hallelujah. I thought in might be Jennifer Warnes

Phil

10 Likes

Roxy Music, country life. It’s been consistently grey and rainy over the last week. Woke up today and it’s bright and sunny. Fabulous. :sunglasses:

18 Likes

More Brubeck on vinyl, this time minus Desmond.

9 Likes

After wallowing in Beatles nostalgia, it’s time to get contemporary with, erm, Prefab Spout’s ‘Steve McQueen.’ A wonderful album.

21 Likes

Now playing…

Evgueni Galperine - Theory of Becoming

Evgueni Galperine (Composition)Masha Vasyukova (Voice), Sergei Nakariakov (Trumpet) and Sebastien Hurtaud (Violoncello).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this recently released album, ‘Theory for Becoming,’ October 20th which was composed by Evgueni Galperine. The album description included the following, "the sound world of Theory of Becoming represents an “augmented reality of acoustic instruments, created from recordings made with real and virtual instruments. The numerous transformations the instruments undergo allow me to capture their acoustic nature while also adding techniques and colours impossible to produce in reality…” The description caught my attention and thought I would take it out for a spin. …and enjoying the opening couple of tracks and look forward to the rest of the album!

1 Like

Stereo Venus, close to the sun. :relaxed:

1 Like

Blossom Dearie - May I Come In?

4 Likes

Grateful Dead – Richard’s Picks Volume Seven: Alexandra Palace, London, England - September 1974
CD|1997

3CD set

5 Likes

51BTM7ZEP6L.AC
Van Morrison - Magic Time.

11 Likes

Spacey early 1970s jazz. Another splendid reissue of an obscure private press by Frederiksberg Records.

1 Like

I’m a fan of acoustic versions especially when they are done right.

8 Likes

Stevie Nicks, timespace. :relaxed:

10 Likes

I bought this 2nd-hand in the 70’s. Always thought this was an excellent performance but let down by the pressing until I cleaned it with both Humminguru and Pro-Ject. Stunning now.

11 Likes

Björk Selmasongs
DMM reissue, no 769. No idea how many were pressed.

I haven’t liked all the DMM masterings I’ve heard (Beatles White Album was great tho) but this is lovely.

I can even tolerate Thom Yorke on it, lol…

5 Likes