What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Double vinyl compilation of the Scroggins sisters’ hugely influential group. they still sound fantastic 40 years on:

4 Likes

Nitin Sawhney - Beyond Skin

@Hifi-dog mentioned this on the ‘Cable cable oddity?’ thread and I thought ‘I haven’t listened to that in ages…’. Stuck it on and….WOW!

Pretty sure I haven’t listened to Beyond Skin since I got the 500DR, and probably a couple of other upgrades. The recording, mixing and production on this (plain old ripped CD) is just superb. Why can’t all albums sound this good?

8 Likes

This is a beautiful album…dare i ask how much it was on vinyl?

From memory, I think it might have been in the region of £60 to £70. It’s a limited edition MoFi release and it does sound superb. I’m not sure if it’s still available brand new. There are copies for sale on Discogs, but they look a bit pricey.

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat, have 3 or 4 of his CD’s from the early 2000’s and not played in years. Hey, and he played keyboards on the last Floyd single!

7 Likes

‘Revolver Sessions’ - The Beatles

“Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream…”

14 Likes

I told you avoid heavy load.
Hope eases soon :heart:

1 Like

2 Likes

A Perfect Circle | Eat The Elephant | 2018
Being a full on fan of all of all that Maynard James Keenan (Tool,APC and others) this was yet another fine art soft metal release from him and the band.

5 Likes

My wife is away for the weekend so spent the afternoon changing the plug sockets for switchless ones- had to wait until she was out because the burglar alarm is on the same ring circuit and goes off (using battery) when I switch off the electricity thereby alerting her to my tinkering! Prompting cries of “get an electrician in”!!
Moved the SN3 to base of Fraim. Moved stageline to a better position. Dressed my cables properly. Now enjoying listening to this fab album
Happy days

11 Likes

Vinyl. Almost as good as the stuff they actually released.

13 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes

5 Likes

Now playing…

Benjamin Lackner - Last Decade

Benjamin Lackner (Piano), Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Voice), Jérôme Regard (Double Bass) and Manu Katché (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with the recently released album from Benjamin and he and the quartet are sounding mighty sweet!

I wrestled 65" up two flights of stairs!

:heart:

1 Like

At last the Revolver box set has arrived, but I am resisting playing it so I can give it a blast at decent volume tomorrow, so until then

Stevev Winwood - Arc Of A Diver.

21 Likes