What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Julianna Barwick - Healing is a Miracle - 2020

Some lush soundscapes on this album. Worth a listen if you like ambient vocal loops.

4 Likes

‘Revolver’ - The Beatles

2022 stereo remix

11 Likes

Lightnin Hopkins - Goin’ Away (Qobuz)

Been enjoying In New York from Candid and keep meaning to play this 1963 Bluesville recording so thanks to @Bobthebuilder for the coincidental prompt.

:heart:

10 Likes

Eric Clapton & Friends - The Breeze an appreciation of JJ Cale

8 Likes

@anon70766008 good evening,
No it is not new, it was released in 2002.
Can’t remember where and when I bought it but have had it quite a while.
It features various rock and pop artists of the time.

Agnes Obel, philharmonics. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones In The Road

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Kenny Aronoff (Drums, Percussion), Paul Brady (Tin Whistle, Vocals, Whistle Instrument), J.T. Brown (Bass, Fretless Bass), Jon Carroll (Accordion, Piano), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Don Dixon (Bass), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle, Mandolin), John Jennings (Baritone Bass, Bells, Cowbell, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond organ, Percussion, Plucked Piano, Vocals), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Branford Marsalis (Soprano Saxophone), Alan O’Bryant (Vocals), Lee Roy Parnell (Guitar, Slide Guitar), Matt Rollings (Piano), Steuart Smith (Electric Guitar), Benmont Tench (Hammond organ, Piano), Linda Williams (Vocals), Robin Williams (Vocals), Trisha Yearwood (Vocals)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Mary’s ‘Stones In The Road’ album and as always she is sounding sublime! …one sweet album, which can be said about every album she has released.

14 Likes

Live Taste.

7 Likes

The Pogues. Hell’s ditch.
Bought original vinyl but not played in years. Don’t know why. It’s really very good.

6 Likes

Michael Franks Rendezvous in Rio / 2006 KOCH / US CD / KOCCD9964

4 Likes

5 Likes

Still going through some official Mark Hollis and Talk Talk archival material. Currently recordings of both nights of the Hammersmith gigs from 86. First night was broadcast by Auntie Beeb and the second night was the official release on cd

9 Likes

Is this getting an official release?

I’m slightly dreading peeping behind the magician’s veil of Spirit of Eden et al, but nonetheless it’s intriguing.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind.

14 Likes

I’m really enjoying the Atmos Revolver (5.1 in my system). It’s a real shame the deluxe CD box didn’t include a disc version.

It’s my third listen to this surround mix and it’s much more fun than I thought. I think Love 5.1 is the way to go with these things. No point in being cautious, the other versions are always available. Go crazy with the channels, I say.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the best thing here, for me, is Tomorrow Never Knows, followed by the ambient drone fest of Love You To, and the bonkers Yellow Submarine.
Hats off to Giles and co.

Brilliant.

17 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald, Ella & Louis. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Esperanza Spalding, Esperanza. Thank you @TheKevster. Very nice. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Watching the Pool Napoli listening to this ace Soul Jazz compo on CD. Who knew the Mandingo Griot Society w/ Don :cherries: would be the ideal accompaniment to the beautiful game?

4 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Outsiders

Anna Tivel (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ben Lester (Tack Piano), Courtney Hartman (Electric Guitar) Jeremy Boettcher (Bass) and Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion, Hammond S6).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Anna’s latest album released in August 2022 and she and the band are sounding sweet!

2 Likes

The BEEB show came out as a bootleg entitled Talking Colours which sometimes appears on ebay. It’s sq is very good so worthwhile getting. The second night was officially released as London 1986 which commands daft secondhand prices. Regarding some of the other archival material I couldn’t say whether it will be issued or not in the future.

1 Like