What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

David Ackles American Gothic
Elektra, first US pressing.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun (Live at Hallé St. Peter’s Mcr.)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Matt Cliffe (Flute, Saxophone), Maddie Herbert (Harp), Gavin Barras (Bass), Liviu Gheorghe (Piano), Alan Taylor (Drums) and Jack McCarthy (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this morning with Matthew and his fantastic & talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! Simply beautiful and a wonderful way to ease into the day, life is sweet…

10 Likes

Really enjoying what the nDAC is doing with this!

2 Likes

Don’t buy" Ommadawn The Return"… grim is not the word

1 Like

Love the album and the cover - lots to see in that image.

1 Like

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

25 Likes

Thanks for the advice GCH. Ommadawn is my favourite so I’ll stick to the original :+1:

1 Like

The Black Keys - Delta Kream.

Playing the hi-res download, which sounds superb, and has a bonus version of Crawling Kingsnake.

Belter, all day long. :+1:

20 Likes

Bob Weir’s Ace
A Dead album in all but name, a great Playing In The Band
WB UK first press.

Lovely artwork as always with Kelley/Mouse.

8 Likes

Manic Street Preachers. Gold Against the Soul. CD 1993. Their 2nd album.

Not played much but the track “La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)” is just brilliant imho.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …I do love this one…

8 Likes

6 Likes

The Allman Brothers | Brothers and Sisters | 1973
Always good to give the Allman Brothers a listen.

13 Likes

Elephant - The White Stripes spinning on the CDX2. Haven’t played this since we upgraded to the 252/300. Oh…… wow.

19 Likes

The 2022 reissue of Can’t Buy A Thrill (aka Can’t Buy a UHQR, in my case!)

21 Likes

Quickie before life intervenes:
Neil Young Eldorado.
First press. Australia according to Discogs (?)

Fine stuff.

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Binker Golding - Dream Like A Dogwood Wild Boy

Binker Golding (Tenor Saxophone), Billy Adamson (Guitar), Daniel Casimir (Upright Bass, Double Bass), Sam Jones (Drums) and Sarah Tandy (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention the other day had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening track of this quintet is sounding mighty fine! First time listening to Binker and looking forward to the rest of the album

2 Likes

I have never seen, or heard of, that. Is it new?

Arab Strap | As Nights Get Dark | 2021
More cheery and upbeat stuff (not) from the Forfar boys. Great stuff if ever you are in the mood if not then you need to grit your teeth… As ever, hard hitting spoken lyrics (very akin to Leonard Cohen’s late sound) digging into humanity’s very soul. There is dark humour and good observation in their music and as such it’s totally recommended.

7 Likes

All About Eve. Scarlet and Other Stories. CD. Came with my marriage nearly 30 years ago. Like it.

Genre, Gothic rock, alternative rock, post-punk, dark alternative” Wiki says.

ALL_ABOUT_EVE_SCARLET+&+OTHER+STORIES-159662

7 Likes