What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Ommadawn is his best IMHO, but Jesus H Christ the return is ghastly

2 Likes

Lou Reed magic and loss.
Forgotten about that one even though bought originally on vinyl. Thanks for reminder. Queued up on qobuz :sunglasses:

2 Likes

We think alike Stevie. Rock machine and This is soul 2 of my favourite compilations from way back :sunglasses:

4 Likes

3 Likes

First CD ripped using DBpoweramp using VOX for playback.
Sounds very good indeed😊
The Very Best of Asia if you can’t make it out from the screenshot

2 Likes

I’ve not listened to this in years, but having heard a short section of the Sibelius in my car yesterday, I wanted to hear the complete work.

4 Likes

I’m working my way through the CD and vinyl boxes, and aside from SQ, which is pretty good, there are a few gripes about the packaging & contents: namely, no Blu Ray disc (granted that this was well known before release), lack of flip back sleeves for mono vinyl or CD, non-exact replica sleeve for the bonus 7”/4 track CD.

These are offset by the excellent book and the inclusion of the original mono mix.

The main reason for the boxes, the Giles Martin remix, aside from some alterations to She Said, She Said, that I’m not too keen on, is superb. He’s brought so much to the fore without generally sacrificing the intent of the original recording. A bit like the Sgt Pepper remix, it sounds to my ears as if he’s used the mono as a through line/guide for how he wants it to sound, and then applied that to a stereo soundstage.

17 Likes

Dr. John’s Gumbo

16 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver, just like everybody else, giving the box set another spin.

19 Likes

Beatles Revolver cd box set.
I said last year, because they omitted the rooftop concert, that I would buy no more Beatles reissues.
I have Revolver on mono vinyl, stereo vinyl and at least 2 copies on cd. I can stream this new edition.
So why have I just ordered it?!
Resistance is futile :sunglasses:

11 Likes

To quote Mr McCartney " it’s the bloody Beatles", indeed, resistance is futile :+1:

3 Likes

Little Freddie King - Blues Medicine

8 Likes

Steve Earle. Copperhead road.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod.
The Pogues feature as guests and funnily enough I was playing them last night. Spooky.

14 Likes

No pretence with this one, this is classic British melodic / AOR from a band who just keep on producing the goods

FM - Thirteen

2 Likes

Eric Bibb & North Country Far with Danny Thompson - The Happiest Man in The World

9 Likes

6 Likes

They were amazing live.

1 Like

That’s Sir Paul to you :grinning:

3 Likes

Liberty LP, stereo

9 Likes

Ruthie Foster - Let It Burn

6 Likes