What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

After a day of twiddling with this Mac and DBpoweramp amongst other things, I finally did a run to the Recycling Centre to get rid of a mountain of Cardboard and Polystyrene packaging🤦🏻‍♂️
Now ‘Chillin’ with some Shinedown😊

1 Like

Now playing…

Amina Alaoui - Arco Iris

Amina Alaoui (Vocals, Daf), Saïfallah Ben Abderrazak (Violin), Sofiane Negra (Oud), José Luis Montón (Flamenco Guitar), Eduardo Miranda (Mandolin) and Idriss Agnel (Percussion, Electric Guitar).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off Wednesday morning with the beautiful voice of Amina Alaoui with the support from a wonderful group of talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! …one sweet album and puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a spin.

3 Likes

Gil Scott Heron. Pieces of a man.
Suits my mood.

13 Likes

This popped up on facebook, old memories……written by Jona Lewie.

2 Likes

Wings - London Town

12 Likes

On vinyl: Peter Gabriel - Us. Slightly shocked to see this LP is around 30 years old.

23 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ album and he is accompanied by an extremely talented group of musicians, including Amina Alaoui, and they are sounding sublime! Such beautiful music and one very sweet album…

2 Likes

1380286_orig

Angelique Kidjo - Oremi.

Preparing dinner, whilst gently wafting round in the kitchen to the dulcet tones of Angelique from the music room … … … it’s there on yon Tidal thingy, so go on, treat yersel’.

5 Likes

Blue Michell - Bring it home to me.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan (Mrs GH loves them) but I really like the songs Devil and Monsters on this one.

The Dark Side The Moon | 1973 / 2003
Fine Floyd which I try limiting myself from listening to (too much).

22 Likes

Mrs Q and I are both BIG fans. Seeing them for the umpteenth time on the 29/11 at Nottingham.
They are an awesome live experience :blush:

Gong - Gazeuse! - 1976

8 Likes

Played that last night … fantastic. I now see what all the fuss is about :+1:

1 Like

Gary Numan | Savage (Songs from a Broken World) | 2017
I’m no 'Numan fan-boy but do occassionaly enjoy some of his work. I thoroughly enjoyed this when it was released… it turns out that I still do.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - The Door

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Guitar, Vibraphone), Jon Balke (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass, Guitar), Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Wednesday morning with Mathias’s “The Door” and Mathias and this talented quintet are sounding sublime! I do enjoy this one, a very sweet album…

3 Likes

Two good jazz radio stations

ALR Jazz Abaco Libros Y Cafe Radio (Cartagena, Colombia) (search abaco)

SatinJazz (Toronto, Canada) - female jazz

Listening all day.

2 Likes

Playing this to my son for the first time. He’s 6. Big thumbs up it seems :joy::+1:t2:

23 Likes

Now I’m going to be listening to that tomorrow :blush:

1 Like

The Cure - Peel Sessions - 1987

10 Likes