What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Sara K., waterfalls. :relaxed:

I haven’t played this for some time. It sounds so wonderful!

4 Likes

Not his best album but we’ve got a family friend who has stage 4 cancer and battling to make Christmas, Lou’s lyrics kind of put things in perspective.

1 Like

Electronica meets jazz. Interesting fusion.

1 Like

She has played with many artists including Jeff Beck……multi-instrumentalist best known for her bass playing……very nice on this solo album.

5 Likes

Paul Heaton - The Last King Of Pop, a superb compilation taking in his work with The Housemartins, The Beautiful South and his present day collaborations with Jacqui Abbot.

6 Likes

Sorry for repeating myself. Again!

I’ve played all of both boxes today, and this Atmos mix twice, too.

Thinking of finishing off with the BC-13 Blue Box stereo shortly.

And despite all of the overload, I’m still really enjoying this album I’ve known and loved for nearly five decades! It’s the pinnacle . . . though I say that about most of their albums at one time or another. (Well, bar Yellow Submarine, maybe. Though side one is amazing!).

Extra thought: just as Tomorrow Never Knows finishes in all its multi-channel 5.1 glory, I realise how other worldly and brilliant it actually sounds in it’s original mono incarnation. It’s truly surround mono!

Testament to the wondrousness of its creation. The whole album.

17 Likes

The debut album from Ben Folds Five.

5 Likes

Beatles - Rubber Soul - 1965
On vinyl

“the first Beatles record which was noticeably drug-influenced”
!
Crikey, I’d best sterilize the cartridge.
ab67616d00001e02ed801e58a9ababdea6ac7ce4.jpeg

20 Likes

Sarah Jarosz, undercurrent. :relaxed:

6 Likes

A slightly different take on some mostly Revolver and other songs.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Anat Cohen & Marcello Gonçalves - Reconvexo

Anat Cohen (Clarinet) and Marcello Gonçalves (7-String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking Anat & Marcello album ‘Reconvexo’ out for a spin for the first time and enjoying the first track. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

2 Likes

I finally got my receiver back, with its phono stage rebuilt - listening to some used vinyl I traded for while in vinyl limbo:

My absolute fave Pat Metheny album.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Poetica

Anat Cohen (Clarinet), Jason Lindner (Piano), Omer Avital (Bass), Daniel Freedman (Drums), Danny Miller (Cello), David Creswell (Viola), Antoine Silverman (Violin) and Belinda Whitney (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this 2007 release from Anat and she and this talented group of Manhattan jazz luminaries along with a string quartet are sounding sublime!

1 Like

I posted BHDC’s second album a while ago.
This is their first, and I think my favourite of the two. A bit more focused. There’s a Siouxsie influence in Sasha’s vocals too (I’m a sucker for Sioux)

The Black Heart Death Club
Kozmik Artifactz Records, 2018

3 Likes

Bauhaus - In the Flat Field - 1980

As NME said at the time, “nine meaningless moans and flails bereft of even the most cursory contour of interest, a record which deserves all the damning adjectives usually levelled at grim-faced ‘modernists’”
I think that’s why I like it.
Intheflatfield

5 Likes

That’s a pretty good description of the NME. Even at its peak, halfwits like Paul bloody Morley and Ian bloody Penman could bore for England with their unreadable screeds of crap. I still read it – until they even managed to ruin the crossword.

1 Like

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Quartetinho

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Vitor Goncalve (Piano, Accordion, Fender Rhodes), Tal Mashiach (Bass, Bass Guitar) and James Shipp (Vibraphone, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Analog Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Wednesday afternoon with ‘Quartetinho’ released on October 6th and the quartet are sounding sublime! …a wonderful album and so glad I did get to see them perform this past weekend, simply marvelous musicians!

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen The Ghost of Tom Joad

10 Likes

Disk Union in Japan did a AAA reissue back in 2013 and there have been rumours of a repress there is a copy on Discogs for north of £400

Gordon Lightfoot If I Could Read Your Mind

12 Likes