What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The Stones Goats Head Soup.

22 Likes

Now playing

Amy Speace & The Orphan Brigade - There Used To Be Horses Here

Amy Speace (Vocals), Danny Mitchell (Strings, Piano, Horn), Dean Marold (Bass), Johnny-Duke (Electric Guitar), Paul Nelson (Cello), Will Kimbrough (Guitar on track 9), Kirstin Wilkinson (Viola), David Angell (Violin), David Davidson (Violin), Garrison Starr (Vocals), Ben Glover (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Neilson Hubbard (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Percussion) and Josh Britt (Vocals, Mandolin, Mandola).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… closing out the day with this wonderful album released in 2021 by Amy and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

5 Likes

If that cover is anything to go by, Fotheringay are a major influence :rofl:

15 Likes

Velvet Underground Loaded

16 Likes

Some vinyl listening from last night

Side 1 is as perfect as it gets.

Mmmm, nice!

14 Likes

Good call.

2 Likes

That was my immediate thought when I saw the album cover and description that Andy posted.

2 Likes

Went for a bit of this whilst contemplating getting up on this wet & miserable November morning…

5 Likes

I have this one at home, which I must play again.
Trembling bells.

4 Likes

No streaming available at the moment.
Sky have switched us off, but BT haven’t switched us on yet it appears…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I hate switching BB providers. It never goes smoothly. Still only the 4th time over 18 years in this house.
I’m gonna have to go out in the rain and retrieve some Vinyl :frowning: or even retire to my Audio Cave and listen on my Naim system​:grin:
Sadly, that will mean a couple of hours of sorting stuff out in there first🤷🏻‍♂️

Really sorry to hear that Pete. Some of his albums can bring things home. Another example is the excellent Berlin which should be approached with caution.

1 Like

A non Lou Reed (fan) friend of ours saw him do the whole album live in Sydney years ago and loved it.

1 Like

Berlin is an album that contains quite distressing moments yet it can also be uplifting. The power of music which is why we visit this thread.

3 Likes

Beatles Revolver. Agree Charles but I when I listened to it I couldn’t help feeling the original release would have been better if they had tucked Paperback writer/Rain in.

3 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Oklahoma

16 Likes

Kevin & The Blues Groovers - Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Blues

8 Likes

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra | Tubular Bells - 50th Anniversary | 2022
Well, I was warned (on here) but decided to have a listen anyway… I’m not even a fan of Tubular Bells. Certainly not recommended, I didn’t enjoy it and it rather spoiled my first listen to a new bit of kit.

7 Likes

a-ha. Memorial Beach 1993 CD. Perhaps the start of trying to appeal to a more grown up audience. It’s a rock album, it’s quite heavy and somehow dark. I believe it alienated them for many original fans. I think it is is excellent.

8 Likes

Listening to what the cool kids do. SiriusXM channel XMU - indie rock music akin to college radio here. Artists include Spoon, Sylvan Esso, Hot Chip, Soccer Mommy, Wet Leg, etc.

2 Likes

Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba | Meet Me In London | 2011
System checking a new headphone amp and this is sounding exquisite.

8 Likes