What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Saw them live in the very early days at the Wycombe Town Hall.
Terrible gig🤣

1 Like

Something about the cover caught my eye when rummaging through the new releases on Qobuz today

Was slightly put off by the ‘contemporary jazz’ classification (to me cont jazz involves random notes generally out of tune and time. Usual caveat applies)

A quick 20sec whizz through each track made me put on the whole album

Some may call it noodling but for me there is enough progression within each ‘tune’ to keep me interested

Svaneborg Kardyb - Over Tage
Danish Jazz duo

3 Likes

Cream - Fresh Cream.

Sun’s oot again over North Yorks. … … … November? … … … great, innit.

As debut albums go, this has to be up there with the bestest … … … Rollin’ and Tumblin’ ? … … … sensational! :+1:

17 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band
Off to London to see them live at the Palladium as we speak.

13 Likes

David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees - 1984
On vinyl

I think this and Tin Drum might well be in my top-ten favourite 80’s albums list.

19 Likes

Mentioned Cream’s first album earlier, so another debut which wasn’t bad, I suppose … … … no, wait … … … this album changed everything, didn’t it … … … Well, it did for me.

5189IeSc0PL.AC

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced.

27 Likes
4 Likes

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

4 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Local Hero

18 Likes

Hank Mobley Dippin’ / 2006 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 094635550825

First play of this newly acquired CD - sounds wonderful!

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Lee Morgan Trumpet
Harold Mabern Jr. Piano
Larry Ridley Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

7 Likes

Rod Stewart with the RPO - Your’re In My Heart

5 Likes

Steely Dan Can’t Buy A Thrill 2022 remaster

Received today - sounds great !!

21 Likes

First spin, Bonny Light Horseman, on vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

11 Likes

Art Blakey A Night At Birdland Vol 1 / 2001 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353214623

Lou Donaldson Alto Saxophone
Clifford Brown Trumpet
Curly Russell Bass
Horace Silver Piano
Art Blakey Drums

11 Likes

First Aid Kit - Palomino (2022)

The Soderberg sisters’ long awaited 5th album released today. A more polished and mainstream sound but their voices still blend together like angels on vacation. This will definitely get a few more listens.

Welcome back ladies.

8 Likes

On vinyl:
51dvPVufm3L.UX500_FMjpg_QL85

6 Likes

Rush - 2112 - 1976
CD Rip

This remastered version is from 2005 I think. I play the original vinyl 99% of the time, and this version is certainly a bit brighter but pretty good. No doubt bought to play on the old CD5i / iPod at the time :grinning:

13 Likes

Ezra Collective - Where I’m Meant To Be (Qobuz HR)

Really enjoying my first listen to the new Ezra album, superb contemporary Jazz Funk with hints of Afrobeat and Dub. The track Togetherness, as a passionate fan of JA music made me smile, with its repeated dubby vocal out in the streets they call it Ezra pinched from and a homage to Ini Kamoze’s lyric Out In The Streets They Call It Murder on his World A Reggae Music track from his debut album and later sampled to great effect by Damian Marley on Welcome To Jamrock which is then brilliantly followed by a Jazz Dub Steppers fusion on Ego Killah

:heart:

5 Likes

Del Amitri - Can You Do Me Good?

4 Likes

Alt-J - This Is All Yours, on multicoloured vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3:

7 Likes