What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Indeed - I’ve just done a search and found that @AndyP recommended this album last year when it was released.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Arve Henriksen - The Nature of Connections

Arve Henriksen (trumpet, piccolo trumpet, piano), Nils Økland (violin, Hardanger fiddle, Viola d´amore), Svante Henryson (cello), Gjermund Larsen (violin, Hardanger fiddle), Mats Eilertsen (double bass) and Audun Kleive (drums).

Streaming on Qobus (48/24)… taking out for a mid-afternoon spin and this sextet is sounding mighty sweet! It has been awhile between spins and it is a lovely album…

2 Likes

The beautiful mezzo soprano voice of Anne Sofie Von Otter.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Arve Henriksen - Cartography

Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Voice, Field Recording), David Sylvian (Voice, Samples, Programming), Jan Bang (Live Sampling, Samples, Programming, Beats, Bass Line, Dictaphone, Organ Samples, Arrangement), Eivind Aarset (Guitars), Lars Danielsson (Double-Bass), Anna Maria Friman (Voice), Audun Kleive (Percussion, Drums), Erik Honoré (Synthesizer, Samples, Field Recording, Choir Samples), Helge Sunde (String Arrangement, Programming), Arnaud Mercier (Treatments), Trio Mediaeval (Voice Sample), Vérène Andronikof (Vocals), Vytas Sondeckis (Vocal Arrangement) and Ståle Storløkken (Synthesizer, Samples).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… continuing on late into the afternoon with Arve and this talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! Another album that has not been out for a spin in awhile…

7 Likes

Hard to know where to rate the Cars on the spectrum of great to good, enjoying this nonetheless

Qobuz: Shake It Up by The Cars
Tidal: Shake It Up by The Cars
Spotify: Shake It Up by The Cars

.sjb

12 Likes

They were very good for what they were. Saw them live back in '79. Elliot Easton is a good guitarist.

More unopened vinyl I bought while waiting for a refurb of my receiver phono stage:

18 Likes

Inside Problems is great too. The blurb in Tidal states that it was recorded live in the studio.

1 Like

The latest Shakura S’Aida album

3 Likes

Revolver (Blue Box BC-13 Stereo).

Excellent.

21 Likes

At a friends house - enjoyed and will get at some point.

28 Likes

8 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town

13 Likes

A remastered hi-res version of Seal’s first album from 1991 released on Qobuz today. Played this to death in the 90’s - great stuff

12 Likes

FM there’s a name from the past (my past). Saw them support Magnum ‘86

Must dig out my copy of Indiscreet

I see from Wikipedia there are another 12 albums to have a go at

1 Like

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell - Old Yellow Moon

This is good!

15 Likes

‘Adam’ was 68 yesterday Twitter tells me and this album is 42 years old. Where does time go? I have never played the album before, honest. The drums are sounding mighty impressive though streaming the remastered version on Qobuz and so far our toes are tapping. :hugs:

12 Likes

After Seal, another great soulful voice

14 Likes

Seal Album - I’ve always loved the track ‘Killer’

2 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball

My third and last by the wonderful Emmylou this morning. This would probably make a fine demo record.

18 Likes