What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow (2022 Remix/Remaster)

Not noticing much remix wise but the remaster fairly powers out of the speakers. One of his best albums - I hope they give “The Lonesome Jubilee” the same treatment.

12 Likes

1 Like

This selection kind of apt right now…

Prince Far I - Under Heavy Manners (Qobuz/VP/Joe Gibbs)

The gravel throated Prince’s classic from the year of the Two Sevens recorded at Joe Gibbs and presented here in expanded form

:heart:

4 Likes

Be interested in your thoughts, mind you there is some chatty bits toward the end :joy:
:heart:

Beach Boys | Surf’s Up | 1971
Late BBs touching on environmental issues and a change in musical direction.

17 Likes

I also have the ‘72 original but I’ve not yet done an A / B comparison
As I like the album so much, I was considering buying the UHQR 200gm version, but this version was out a few weeks before so I thought I would see what it was like first
All I can say is that to me, on my system, I could not see how spending £200 on the UHQR could better it.
Some will of course but all I would say is give this a try first, you may well end up saving quite a lot of money ( and shelf space)

1 Like

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen - The Well

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Friday morning with Tord and his fabulous quartet, and the music is sounding sublime! …one sweet album and simply beautiful.

5 Likes

1971 - Yes // The Yes Album

24 Likes

Agreed. I’m doing the same. Though I will be trying the SACD series of the album releases, too.

2 Likes

Just out today - Sabs’ first record with RJD on vocals given a re- mastering. V good. First gig I went to as a 16yr old in 1980 was Heaven &Hell tour at the Brum Odeon

13 Likes

I thought I’d try and play and enjoy somethings that weren’t Revolver.

I really love Joe’s album. Start to finish it is fantastic. My fave thing with him on it (okay, debut Clash, Sandinista, too).

My wife - not the biggest Beatles fan! - encouraged me to also spin Station To Station following our excursion to the cinema to see Moonage Daydream, wherein I managed to stay awake (mostly) for the duration.

I was particularly alert when Word On A Wing featured towards end of the film.

17 Likes

On new gold vinyl exclusively from Walmart:

As a teen with a handful of cassettes, this was one of them.

26 Likes

Dipping my toes in it, a bit quirkie sometimes. Not sure if I am going to love these readings…

4 Likes

1978 - RS // Some Girls

28 Likes

Fleet Foxes – A Very Lonely Solstice
CD|2022

10 Likes

4149uSqNTrL.AC

The Rolling Stones - 1st. album.

I’ve been playing debut albums this afternoon, and this one certainly made a huge impression on me.

Managed to wear out my first copy on the trusty Dansette.

21 Likes

King’s Disease II - Nas

3 Likes

The Black Keys | Dropout Boogie | 2022
Rocky blues by way of a change from the Beach Boys.

11 Likes

This album is my first music memory.
My mum was an early stones fan and had this as one of her few albums. I loved it and still do.
It got passed to me when my parents retired.
As kids we played it to DEATH!, literally.
I still have it and it is unplayable, but about 10 years ago I sought out another copy. It’s very early and pristine, but not 1st Press like my mums.
I played it for her recently🙂

6 Likes

Yes, as I mentioned, I also destroyed my original copy through endless playing on the Dansette.

Since replaced with the mono boxset, ripped to my server. :+1:

2 Likes