What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Deluxe

12 Likes

It was released the year before I was born.
Still my favourite Stones album.

1 Like

Now playing…

Tigran Hamasyan - Atmospheres

Tigran Hamasyan (Piano), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Eivind Aarset (Guitar) and Jan Bang (Samples, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this late morning and through the noon hour with Tigran and with this fabulous quartet and they are sounding sublime! This is one fine album, very relaxing and simply beautiful…

3 Likes

Currently listening to the supposedly 2022 Hi Res remaster of this. Need to compare with all the other versions I have.

4 Likes

1970 - James Gang (Joe Walsh) - Rides Again

16 Likes

Danny Brown with some Q-Tip tweaks to the sound.
Slightly disconcerting juxtaposition between DB’s high whine and the spacey, electro-psych production.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Plains – I Walked With You A Ways
CD|2022

Katie Crutchfield (Waxahatchee) and Jess Williamson. I guess this falls into some country genre.

6 Likes

Del Amitri - Fatal Mistakes, last years return after a lengthy hiatus.

5 Likes

Billy Gibbons And The BFG’s | Perfectamundo | 2017
The Black Keys featured the Reverend on their latest album, great reason to play something else from the man.

13 Likes

Another old faithful which has never been played on the 252/300 - sounding great.

Should have added - on first press vinyl which looks a bit ‘well loved’ but the sound is most excellent.

18 Likes

Years ago, when this first came out, there was a guy wondering down High Wycombe high street giving copies of this away.
It’s amazing how many people just avoided the guy, never mind take a copy.
I’ve still got mine in the collection somewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour - 1967

I’m actually enjoying this 2009 remaster more than Revolver last week. And that’s saying a lot! Can’t get enough of them at the moment.
71X63j9na6L.SY1000

28 Likes

1969 - Jethro Tull // Stand Up

15 Likes

Those three RJD Rainbow albums get a lot of play here, but a while since I heard H&H, so teeing up next. What a voice!

3 Likes

Madonna, finally enough love. :relaxed:

5 Likes

The Byrds’ final album - a thrift store vinyl acquisition:

13 Likes

Changing things up a bit with some Broken Bells - Into The Blue.

CD|2022

9 Likes

‘Spirits Having Flown’ - Bee Gees

Ultimate Friday night band. Listening with a glass of wine. Might reach for a spirit later.

13 Likes