What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

18 Likes

Wes Martin - 3 Pound Universe

On board the amazing David Torn and Matt Chamberlain (both those guys were with Bowie). Matt Chamberlain currently drummer with Bob Dylan. Chris Botti here as well.

Whoever Wes Martin is he certainly knows how to make a very pleasant album - rare these days.

1 Like

1 Like

41l3aS1IKKL.AC
The Rolling Stones - Flashpoint, this live album documents the '89 and '90 Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle tours.

10 Likes

St Paul & the Broken Bones latest.

4 Likes

One of my very favourite recordings of the Four Legends…I love this record, it’s almost a part of me.

11 Likes

On CD:-

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

12 Likes

Carpenters - Now & Then, playing on an early UK pressing. That voice…

18 Likes

Trane at The Village Vanguard (Acoustic Sounds/Impulse)

:heart:

13 Likes

New album from Eels - Extreme Witchcraft. A stripped down back to basics album and v good it is too

For those of you who detest the phrase ‘It is what it is’ then check out the track ‘What it isn’t’ and find yourself smiling

3 Likes

Forgot about JLP … i bought this one yonks ago as its got Alan Holdsworth on it.
s-l400

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Sean Rowe - The Darkness Dressed in Colored Lights

Sean Rowe (Vocals, Guitar), Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion), Jeremy Boetcher (Bass), Ben Lester (Keyboards, Pedal Steel), Courtney Hartman (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Carey (Bass), John DeHaven (Brass Section), Jeff Nania (Brass Section), and Joel Yannuzzi (Brass Section).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this morning with Sean and his latest album release from this past October and Sean and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

A nice review of the album can be found at Glide Magazine

7 Likes

Love (titter) this album, also the “Love Mixes”. :+1:

Just purchased this earlier today, looking forward to giving it a spin. :+1:

Future Sounds of Jazz Vol 15. Released yesterday and sounding rather good

2 Likes

Prompted from a chat on the vinyl thread

Gary Bartz and Maisha - Night Dreamer 2019

Superb Jazz and Funk from the series of direct to disc recorded Night Dreamer Sessions

2 Likes

Yet another of the 2005 Can SACDs…

8 Likes

Thought about pre-ordering this one, but didn’t in the end. How does it sound?

Another fine Night Dreamer recorded in one take direct to disc session

Sarathy Korwar & UPAZ Collective - Night Dreamer 2LP 2019

Fusing Jazz, some electronics and Indian Classical vibes, bloomin’ marvelous!

4 Likes

All the Acoustic Sounds Series to I’ve bought to date have been very good, when it first launched I let out a bit of a groan like "oh no not those old chestnuts again!, but since they’ve done and are going to do some pretty essential stuff from Verve/Impulse.
Similar quality to Tone Poet releases. Buy with confidence, trust me I’m a doctor!

1 Like