What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Lambchop - Flotus

Played the CD last night. Enjoyed it. Here it is again.

4 Likes

Marcia Griffiths - Play Me Sweet And Nice (Bewith Records 2LP)

Queen Marcia’s blinding soulfull 1974 outing, restored to its correct track listing and expanded to 2LP’s with “Rare” tracks.
Essential Soul, Funk & Lovers Reggae on a lovely Record Industry pressing and superbly clear remastering. This is a gem, gatefold would have been nice, or inserts but they do have the good sense to use poly lined sleeves.

Bewith Records is a really interesting label aiming to officially licence music that has never been re-issued or made it to vinyl.

I previously bought Ian Carrs Nucleus - Roots from this label on a punt and that’s superb too

:heart:

4 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. Her last album, love this album. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Lou Reed - New York. First UK pressing, and remains one of my fav Lou Reed albums.

19 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Floor Tom, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals),
Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… after doing a couple of chores I am continuing on with Sean Rowe’s Magic and as always, Sean and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Chicago Transit Authority. Debut 1969.
The one I play most. Have double vinyl and several times on cd but tonight happy with Apple Music from iPad to Bluetooth speaker.

I’m sucker for tight brass section.

14 Likes

Neil Young album of songs recorded in 1987 called ‘Summer Songs’.

8 Likes

India Arie on Qobuz very enjoyable.

6 Likes

Miriam “Mim” Grey, grey matters. Hope the album title isn’t a political message. :wink:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken.

20 Likes

Big Eels fan, seemed to have missed this thanks for the heads up. :+1:

This ones for @Stephen_Tate

Dreadzone -Second Light (Virgin 2LP 1995)

My favourite Dreadzone album sounding terrific on vinyl, well worth getting hold of

House music, reggae, dub, dancehall, medieval and electronics with a trippy narrative and cinematic presentation…
It ain’t arf bad!

In the cave you must be very careful not to offend the gods…
:heart:

3 Likes

Miriam “Min” Grey, chasing tiger. Just a couple of days until the year of the tiger. :relaxed:

3 Likes

61HjyXAocTL.AC

One hell of an album cover!

This is Midnight Oil’s “Red Sails in the Sunset”. Brilliant band. My back catalogue is on ropey old CD - I must upgrade to vinyl.

Saw ‘the Oils’ several times - Brixton Academy + Forum (London) c.'93/'94; Toronto '96; Hammersmith Odeon 2017, where I had front row seats, much to my surprise. Not long after, Bones Hillman passed away. (Bones didn’t play bass on this album, which came out in 1984.)

Fascinating album in that it is quintessentially Australian. Not mock-Oz croc dundee stuff from the 80s (Mental as Anything?), but rather songs about places/people I’d never heard off (being a Brit) like “Kosciusko”, “Harrisburg”, “Jimmy Sharman’s Boxers” and “Shipyards of New Zealand”. I started to get faintly irritated by them as they progressed through their later career, but this is great.

Worth a listen.

6 Likes

This is one of my faves as well - The BBC Radio 1 Sessions. Back in my ‘active’ system Naim days this used to get to around 2 o’clock on the dial! :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Sean and this fabulous group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! I started today’s exercise routine with Sean’s ‘Magic’ and finished with ‘The Salesman and the Shark.’ Love is voice, lyrics and music…

9 Likes

713HDi1xZsL.SS500
Sade - Lovers Rock.

19 Likes

On a Dreadzone tip tonight :grin:

3 Likes

Have listened to it a second time and I really, really like it. Best album for a long time

1 Like