What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Joe Sample Old Places Old Faces / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28118

4 Likes

The Beatles. Get Back. The Rooftop performance. (Qobuz)
There is no doubting the music or historical significance but feel the men in suits “jumped the shark “ when this was omitted from recent super deluxe box set.

13 Likes

My favourite Polly album re released on Friday and demo tapes as well. Sunday afternoon chill listening to this now, lovely.

14 Likes

Starting the day late, with a bit of Haydn.

Seeing Jeff Beck above, I’ll get to Space For The Papa in a bit, after the tea kicks in.

7 Likes

813Ty9e10TL.SS500
Ry Cooder - Bop Till You Drop.

14 Likes

everything but the girl worldwide / 1992 blanco y negro / Germany CD / 9031765832

10 Likes

always loved this artist but don’t have this album.

1 Like

John Mellencamp - Strictly A One-Eyed Jack (2022)
Sounding very gravelly.
A nice album but probably needs a couple of listens.
(And If you are in your twilight years perhaps best not to listen to some of the lyrics!)

10 Likes

13 Likes

Maybe if Giles has a son we can look forward to a few more remasters in the years to come.

2 Likes

Cerys played Stranger in the Room on 6M so this arvo dug out the album. Like meeting an old friend and the years just falling away. Also another we lost last year. On Criminal Records vinyl reissue - oh yeah Gina, if you’re out there, can I have my Harvest copy back please.

6 Likes

Cannonball Adderley Somethin’ Else / 2008 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349532922

15 Likes

Decorating finished for the day so time to chill.
On Vinyl:

8 Likes

Gil Scott-Heron - Reflections. One of my fav GSH albums playing here on great sounding early German pressing.

10 Likes

On Vinyl:
71F7CTHeX0L.AC_UY436_QL65

11 Likes

Elvis Presley. Pot luck.
Just finished playing popular album by certain contemporary artist but this is more satisfying. (Qobuz)

Original release 1962

6 Likes

Yes-close
Prog doesn’t come much better than this.

Original vinyl. Perfect listening for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

24 Likes

This is a really sweet tribute compilation to the great Dennis Brown.
Some lovely tunes and performances herein, and nicely packaged:

5 Likes

Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy (Blue Note/Tidal)

Would love to see this getting a Tone Poet re issue, a 1965 session with Lee Morgan, Curtis Fuller, McCoy Tyner, Billy Higgins and Bob Cranshaw. Some nice soul jazz grooves

:heart:

6 Likes

Nice one! Some great covers on that I particularly like Romain Virgo’s Caress Me. He’s a very talented artist and deserves wider exposure
:+1:

1 Like