What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Soul Jazz comp from last year.
Mixed bag. Some Nathan Barley, some less annoying.

3 Likes

From 1975 the first album by Journey. The only Journey album I have. Gregg Rolie Neal Schon Aynsley Dunbar George Tickner & Ross Valory.

5 Likes

Saw the Beaux Arts Trio many years ago at the Barber Institute Birmingham Uni. Sublime is an appropriate description. @dav301

2 Likes

9 Likes

Tift Merritt - Traveling Alone
CD|2012

folk. enjoyable album i haven’t listened to in a while.

3 Likes

‘Local Hero’ - Mark Knopfler

Half speed mastered at Abbey Road

16 Likes

51a0jS2ySHL.AC
Lindisfarne - Roll On, Ruby.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro & Joe Lovano - Once Around The Room: A Tribute to Paul Motian

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Joe Lovano (Tenor Saxophone, Tarogato), Larry Grenadier (Double Bass), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass), Anders Christensen (Bass Guitar), Joey Baron (Drums) and Jorge Rossy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Jakob & Joe along with the other members of this sextet with the tribute to Paul Motian and they are sounding mighty fine!

4 Likes

Ceiling Rose - Truly (Gondwana LP)

Lovely folky, Jazzy, kind of otherwordly…

:heart:

4 Likes

Explosions In The Sky – The Wilderness
CD|2016

post rock.

1 Like

1: Primal Scream - Riot City Blues Sessions
2: Primal scream - Give Out But Don’t Give Up: The Original Memphis Recordings(45 rpm)
3: Happy Mondays - Bummed
4: Stone Roses - The Second Coming
5: New Order - Technique

For me Primal Scream are a band under rated and I think a lot of people only know them for the Indie/house stuff. They’re a full on rock band. Same with the Roses on Second coming. For me Bummed is the best of the mondays, improved since G-man and not as commercial as pills. Technique was my holiday record when i was in the Balearics back in 1989

5 Likes

‘Wonderwall Music’ - George Harrison

Time for some Party Seacombe…

6 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - Sweeter Than The Day

Wayne Horvitz (Piano, Prepared Piano), Timothy Young (12 String Electric Guitar, 6 String, Electric Guitar), Keith Lowe (Acoustic Bass) and Andy Roth (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with this very fine album released in 2001 from Wayne with his fabulous quartet and they are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

The History Of Apple Pie – Out Of View
CD|2013

indie rock.

The SACD, sounding absolutely splendid:

15 Likes

Can | Future Days | 1973
Classic Can from back in the day, long time no listen as I’ve plumped for their others in recent months on hybrid SACD.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - Some places are forever afternoon.

Wayne Horvitz (piano, Hammond B3, electronics), Ron Miles (cornet), Peggy Lee (cello), Sara Schoenbeck (bassoon), Timothy Young (guitar), Keith Lowe (bass) and Eric Eagle (drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Friday morning with Wayne with this fabulous group of musicians. It has been a awhile since the last time I gave this a listen and the music is sounding sublime!

Wayne wrote 11 compositions based on the works of the Pacific Northwest Poet ‘Richard Hugo.’ I was fortunate to have seen the group perform twice at the time of the album release. I have a collection of Wayne’s albums and enjoy his music. This is a very enjoyable album! The album also contains a 28 page booklet with the poems and regional photographs. The poems can also be found in Richard Hugo’s book.

Life is sweet and so is poetry & music!

1 Like

The Tallest Man On Earth – Sometimes The Blues Is Just A Passing Bird
CD|2010

EP, folk.

1 Like

Quicksilver Messenger Service | Happy Trails | 1969
Great early psychedelic rock (in 24/192) from another Bay area band of that genre, Juicy Lucy loved them so much that they covered Who Do You Love extremely well and I probably prefer Juicy Lucy’s covering.

12 Likes

Some more The Tallest Man On Earth - There’s No Leaving Now

CD|2012

1 Like