What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Tom Waits is one of my favourite artists; this is one of the recent Waits/Brennan remasters.

12 Likes

Agreed Clive I love this quartet with McCoy, Jones & Garrison I find much of his later work difficult but pre A Love Supreme I don’t think he made a bad record and some of his band work with Prestige and with Miles is just sublime.

I wanted to post it on this thread too and recommend it highly because apart from the music the SQ of this vinyl reissue is top draw. It’s a great place to start if someone is wanting to listen to his music I always repeat what Miles told him and that was to always hold something back from the audience and I feel he does that so well on this record that space around the notes just lets them sink in a bit better if that makes sense.

Relatively new to Bill Fay but just love this album

5 Likes

Excellent debut from Argentinian Tenor Sax player Julieta Eugenio only released on CD at that moment but hopefully a vinyl copy will come soon.

1 Like

Top band, top album, top recording…

17 Likes

81A5xRKUOCL.SS500
Little Feat - Feats Don’t Fail Me Now.

23 Likes

Leon Parker lots of nice collaborations on this LP called The Leo streaming only unfortunately.

1 Like

Mikey Dread. World War III
You might be right Mikey.

8 Likes

The Roy Hargrove Quintet earfood / 2008 EmArcy / EU CD / 0602517641815

Roy Hargrove Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Gerald Clayton Piano
Justin Robinson Alto Sax, Flute
Danton Boller Bass
Montez Coleman Drums

8 Likes

This battered old cheapo '70s compilation LP has amazing SQ. The bass is incredible. The music, of course, is majestic:

15 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Phil Collins! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born 30th January 1951 and brought up in West London :uk:

18 Likes

Bill is a legend but you gotta think - ok we got the photos for the album cover - which one shall we use Bill.

1 Like

Debs……he is 71……you had me worried for a mo…….thought i had missed a decade of my life😉

1 Like

It’s okay, was just checking to see if anyone notices the delirious mistake :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

But gosh the poor boy looks 81😥

2 Likes

Still the best-sounding digital version (in fact it sounds FABULOUS) of this wonderful Bobbie Gentry album: the Japanese SHM-CD (a flat 24/96 transfer from the original analogue-two track master by Kenji Yoshino in 2016) of Fancy.

14 Likes

The Carpenters, now & then. What a great way to start Monday morning down under with this album. :blush:

13 Likes

He had a hard life inside after getting busted for the great train robbery :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

51AIPcrkeML.SS500
Peter Green and Splinter Group - Soho Live At Ronnie Scott’s.

12 Likes

Phil Collins, Face value. Happy birthday Phil Collins. :relaxed:

Thank you @Debs

17 Likes