What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Great album Yeti. I also love Magic & Loss and Songs For Drella

1 Like

The Kurt Weill albums are in German. I think it’s the Berlin cabaret songs that are in both German and English.

Ah yep, I do have the Weill in German, thanks.

1 Like

Now playing…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… eased into this Sunday morning with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! Life is sweet and so is the music!

7 Likes

On CD:-

The Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll

22 Likes

~Just been having another listen to these two - nice - so atmospheric !

6 Likes

In the Qobuz sale for less than a fiver, best of live etc

4 Likes

Ese’s guitar was fiery, her voice was so strong too…and the addition of Noel’s dynamic conga/drums really lifts up the already great songs.
If you’re publishing on Bandcamp, can’t wait to hear this magic set again. Roll up Vooduu People!

How did the Reverend’s whistles record? Lol…

1 Like

Storyville, A piece of your soul
" A good day for the blues "

Nice view of the pedals. I’m seeing a Boss Delay, Electro Harmonix Big Muff, Joyo Flanger, Boss SuperDrive, Cry Baby Wah and Boss tuner.

Great choice of kit.

2 Likes

I like the bottom cover - what is it?
(Hoping the music matches the art!)

Another less than a fiver on Qobuz and sounding great.

7 Likes

a-ha. Analogue. Cd. 2005. I cannot remember how or why I discovered that much of the a-ha output post 1990 is mature and very good. And what a voice Morten has got, still. A real gift.

610k7hYgg-L.SY355

5 Likes

Yep, Ese loves her FX pedals. She wants a pedal rig as big as Dave Gilmour’s when she grows up!

3 Likes

John Coltrane Quartet - Crescent, Impulse/Acoustic Sounds (2022)

Absolute top draw reissue I have a GDR issue from the mid 90’s and as good as that is this Acoustic Sounds is better.

Elvin Jone’s cymbal playing on Wise One is some of the most crisp I’ve heard from a home set up.

13 Likes

Simone Felice - All The Bright Coins

Hmm…not sure what to make of his latest album.
Has some great tracks (Radio Silence) but also a lot of “spoken word” tracks. Not fond of that. Shall give it a couple more spins. Maybe it will grow on me.

From The Vinyl Box 5:

6 Likes

2 Likes

One of his (many) best. I was playing it earlier after seeing your post on the new vinyl thread.

Streaming some Zoot Sims on Qobuz. First up
Count Basie and Zoot Sims - Basie & Zoot.

A nice album.
Secondly
Zoot Sims - Zoot Sims And The Gershwin Brothers.

Features Oscar Peterson, Joe Pass and others - music of the “Gershwin Brothers”.
A couple more for later.

9 Likes