What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

9 Likes

‘Point of Departure’ - Andrew Hill

Blue Note classic reissue, with Kenny Dorham, Eric Dolphy, Joe Henderson, Richard Davis and Anthony Williams.

11 Likes

Skiantos - Kinotto

Saw them live in '75-'76, with Rick Derringer (The McCoys) opening. 600 seat theatre, Schon and Rollie (both ex Santana) were amazing. The first three albums with this line-up was my favorite Journey period.

1 Like

Tonight, on Beeb 2, an escape from the footy, with almost three hours of Jimi.

21.00 :

Music, Money, Madness in Maui.

“This 2020 documentary about the making of Rainbow Bridge charts a tie-dyed path into the heart of hippie rock ’n’ roll excess. Not only does it boast interviews with most of the surviving lead players, but it also presents fantastic colour footage of Hendrix performing, complete with surround sound.”

Jimi Hendrix : Voodoo Child.

“Bob Smeaton’s film charting the life and career of the guitarist using archive footage and clips of his performances. Beginning with his childhood in Seattle, Washington, the programme documents how he went on to join the army and spend time on the chitlin circuit backing acts including the Isley Brothers and Little Richard, to the formation of the Experience, his festival appearances at Monterery and Woodstock, and tragic death in Notting Hill in 1970. Narrated by Bootsy Collins.”

13 Likes

Skiantos - Monotono

2 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience - LA Forum 26/4/69

I was going to use this as an excuse to alert forumites to the two documentaries on BBC 2 this evening, but I see @dave-marshall has beaten me to it. Anyway, this is rather good!

12 Likes

:joy:bet not many remember Janice or where that originated Stevie

5 Likes

I was thinking Cathy McGowan! :thinking: :laughing:
But she was RSG!

3 Likes

1974 - Yes // Relayer

17 Likes

Don’t we all :rofl:

2 Likes

Great set list by one of the best FZ bands.

4 Likes

1st run

8 Likes

Beethoven Symphony No 6.
I don’t really play classical music but suddenly got urge to ask my mate Siri to play this on the home pod in the kitchen while I prepare this evening’s meal.

Shepherd’s pie if you must know🙂

6 Likes

Got this complete Beethoven sonatas for only 8 euros, had a decent review on one of the classical review sites, so giving it a try……

5 Likes

The Can SACD journey continues…

9 Likes

1971 - Yes // The Yes Album

21 Likes

Highly recommended to any Hendrix fans. Can’t believe we’re treated to another wonderful concert from 53yrs ago with such stunning sound quality. It’s a very immersive listen with the Experience on top form. The vinyl is quiet and flat too.

12 Likes

The Who - Who’s Next Deluxe Edition, with six alternative bonus tracks from the earlier New York sessions for the album.

15 Likes

Yes we can Can! (On SACD)

11 Likes